Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Some questions

1K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  DoubleDpsd 
#1 ·
Hey guys I need some help, I just bought an 05 f350 King Ranch 113,000 and because I bought it from a dodge dealer they threw a dodge extended warranty with the deal.

My questions are as follows:

Should I delete the egr and tune it? (I dont want to void the extended warranty)

Should I replace the oil cooler?

Should I just go with a bulletproof egr cooler?

I have no issues what so ever right now, but we are taking raodtrip with the family for spring break. I dont want the truck to break on us, no signs saying that it will but everything I read says replace egr with either bulletproof or delete.

I need some advise guys.......any input would be greatly appreciated.

#4 ·
#6 ·
just to sum it up...we would all recommend getting a monitor...Edge Insight CT, CTS...or a SCT...get the truck to operating temp of 190 and drive it at 65 on the highway for a while and watch ur ECT(engine coolant temp) and EOT( engine oil temp) if its more then 15 degrees that answer weither u need a new oil cooler or not...my personal opinon is to get a BPD cool and clean the EGR..we all have opinons

#9 ·
thats actually what i plan on doing when its time for me to do my oil cooler....knock on wood not yet

#8 ·
Get a monitor then come back and post the info. Php's gryphon monitors and tunes ficm in one. It can also roll back your strategy if you prefer to run around with stock tuning.

#10 ·
Ok so you guys suggest that I buy a monitor, ok, working on that (if anyone has a good used Monitor I am interested)

I want to know in your guys opinion should I delete the EGR or purchase BPD cooler? I understand oil cooler will be completed with either of these options.

Should I do this as a safety measure because my truck has no indicators of issues. My thoughts are if its going to break and cause issues then why not change it now and prevent those potental issues?

#11 ·
^ if aint broke dont fix it...but all that information would be shown after u slap a monitor on her

#12 ·
I cant seem to find a used monitor......a new one is 359.00....sound about right?

With a monitor what am I watching? I know there are certain things Im looking for but dont know what they are.

Thanks guys, Im learning alot....

And just to confirm if its not boke, I should'nt even worry about it?

#13 ·
Which one u looking at? My advice is to read the link I posted

#14 ·
Harvesting is right. Read that sticky. I recommend you read through all the stickies. They will give you a good base knowledge of your truck. These guys put a lot of time into some wonderful write ups.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#16 ·
Cts it's a decent price...cts will be all the gauges u need

#17 ·
I got the Edge Insight CTS. Expanded and got the EGT probe, then a pressure sensor to monitor fuel pressure... Then thought what the hell, and got their turbo timer also. It's a very good monitoring system. You don't need the extras I got though. Unless you plan on running tunes, then I'd get the EGT probe.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#19 ·
Dashboss is sweet if you have an iphone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.