HPOP issues - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HPOP issues

Ok, I've had my hpop done twice now and I've seen plenty of posts in the past few months regarding the same start issues that arrise when the hpop goes out. Do you guys think this problem is a direct result of having chips and tuners or not? I've not had my Superchips installed in quite awhile now but want to put the program back on, but I'm afraid of having hpop problems again.
Also have had the truck in three different times for coolant puking and the dealership has done the egr, replaced the degas bottle and before that said it was my cap. I'm still having coolant loss to this day. I don't seem to have a head gasket issue, no white smoke, no overheating, no power loss or anything noticeably wrong with the truck? I'm considering finding a good diesel mechanic and getting their opinion. Any thoughts?

Scott
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Banned

what year is your truck ?? have you done an oasis report ??
how many miles ??

and NO, the HPOP issues should have NOTHING to do with tuners. what kind of oil are you using ??

also, and i'm sure you checked this, but when i thought my HPOP was bad it was just the batteries were old and the cranking power wasn't there. a new set of batteries and the truck starts beautifully and doesnt crank nearly as long as it used to before it starts.

weird but seriously, new batteries and it fires up RIGHT AWAY, before it would crank for many seconds and then start.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

LvTitan

my truck is an 06 and I bought it new. I currently have 84,000. miles on it.

I have replaced both batteries once and that was before the hpop problems.
No Oasis report. I did not think it was needed since I'm the only owner but maybe there is something that Ford isn't telling me.

I use mobil1 synthetic.

Scott
Old 12-08-2007, 01:24 AM
Banned

you have had your truck in to the dealership for warranty work before right ??

if so anything that they did to it will be on the oasis report, even if it's recall stuff that you didn't even know was done. what exactly were your HPOP "issues" ? just hard starting or what ?? there's no reason you should have had it done twice already something may be causing this. and you could still have HG issues without blowing white smoke. when i studded my motor i noticed that my HG's were compromised in a few places, nothing really bad and my truck only puked twice and it was so slight it was barely noticeable, and it never smoked. i would tell the dealership you want the heads pulled and new HG's. then try to get them to install a set of studs if you provide them.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:34 PM
LTJDS

Talking ANSWER SSSS

1. I have eliminated my 160hp SCT LiveWire Tuned Extreme/Race run 24/7 , 6.0L from puking and I live in sunny south Florida

I I added an EGR delete program through my LiveWire Custom Tuning by
Billet Speed - Innovative Diesel Re-director Eric is regarded by many as the TOP in his field
I HAPPEN 2 AGREE....

2. I added a Sneaky Pipe EGR delete Pipe, which shuts EGR Gasses from entering the EGR chamber in your manifold effectively keeping your eng coolant cooler.
see EGR COMPONENTS

+ NO MORE PUKING ,,,Good Luck...GO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.