Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2007 6.0 buying advice

562 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  89Foxbody 
#1 · (Edited)
Have an opportunity to buy a 2007 f250 lariet,6.0 with 39000 miles.This will be my first diesal.Can anyone give me advice as to whether its a good vehicle(powerplant especially).The previous owner used it as a fifth wheel for camping.My intent is same.My concerns are the headgasket troubles and surely any other possible troubles I dont knowe of.I had a local mech.tell me this diesal is still a baby in diapers as use is concerned.Its on a dealer lot,so I dont have the org.owner for info regarding maint.use etc.Please advise me on ANY concerns.The asking price is 27000 ,body SEEMS to be perfect as in interior.thanks for ANY info u can provide. Mike

#3 ·
I read your post in the other thread and like the other people said you have a lot better chance of trouble free miles with the 7.3 I have had both and no problems with either one. My best advice is to educate yourself on 6.0, lots of reading here. If you take it for a test drive get yourself a Scangauge II ( Least expensive monitor) so you can see what is going on with the motor and if everything checks out good, buy it. If you do buy the truck you will have your monitor and be off to a good start.

#5 ·
Around here that would be a pretty damn good price on an 07 with so few miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.