Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2004 King Ranch overhead console help

5K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  dhanna6powerstroke 
#1 ·
Hey guys new to the forum. I just bought a 2004 King Ranch with the 6.0. The overhead console that shows temp and MPG and such is not working. I have a 2000 f150 I have had the same problem with and taken out and resoldered and fixed it. My question is How do I remove the console on the King Ranch. It has a sunroof and does not have the overhead storage compartment like the f150 or the (im assuming) f250 if it does not have a sunroof. I have searched around and cant seem to find a answer. Please post a link to the fix if you know where one is at or just explain. Either way thanks in advance.:icon_ford:

#8 ·
OK I tried to see if any was loose with a screwdriver and none felt loose but I then pushed down on all of them with my finger then plugged it back into the truck and it works. One of them must be loose but I went ahead and put it back up. It will probably quit again but for now the bad solder joint is making contact. It is easy enough to take back out if it stops working again. Thanks for your help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.