Mystery Chip...? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to foursixtysix
Mystery Chip...?

Hey guys I hate to keep bringing my stupid problems around but hey why not they might entertain some of you.
So the last time I had my truck at the dealer was for an EGR valve and they informed me that the truck had a chip and all the guy would say about it is that it's in the computer. They didn't void my warranty or anything and they better not because I bought the truck from them and they said it was still under factory warranty so its their loss.
But anyhow I was thinking about taking the truck to them and telling them to remove the chip, well I have since talked to the service manager and he said they won't mess with it and to just leave it alone, which pisses me off beacuse I have no clue what kind of chip or tune it is.

So my question after all that rambling...
Is there any way I can find this chip and remove it? There's no evidence of it in the drivers area, no dial or anything. I tried getting into the OBD II at my vocational school just for kicks and the snap-on tool kept giving us an error so I guess it's locked out? (I think I've read somewhere how chips block scanners) or should I just fight the dealer to take it out for me

Thanks for any help in advance.

Chris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Unless its a module like an Edge juice you do not have a chip. 6.0's can only use programmers or modules. So to return it to stock the dealer would have to reflash the PCM or you would have to find the module and remove it
Old 12-07-2007, 07:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to foursixtysix
So if someone just used a programmer on it would that block a scanner from getting in the computer?
Old 12-07-2007, 07:20 AM
Jon

no

not at all, the dealer just needs to reflash it and tha will kick the program out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.