Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

idle issues

684 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  ro11ovr 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2006 6.0, its all stock other than the older style green backlight edge attitude with juice. A couple weeks ago I had no boost and then it kicked in leaving a stoplight.it did this twice in 2 days otherwise it ran great. I cleaned the nipple on the map sensor hos e and cleaned the egr valve they were both really dirty. No wet in egr either. It has been running fine since but now when i turn it off and it stays in turbo timer cool down the idle will jump up about 200 rpms and then drop to normal. Anyone seen this. Also occasionally if I pat the throttle pedal the rpms will jump up and the fall below normal idle but will immediately recover if i do this while driving it will feel like it surges but if in park it only fluctuates. The engine is doing what the tach shows as well. Only does this sometimes. Anyone else seen these 2 things. thanks for the help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.