Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Newbie member with question. Want ALL of you to chime in!

993 views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  anschutz1913 
#1 ·
Hey all! My name is Brian and I can't tell you enough how much help this site is! I've read through all the stickys-threads many many times on what you need to know about owning a 6.0l diesel. Ive been on this site so much gaining great info that when I'm ready to make a purchase this spring I'm gonna know exactly what to look for and feel great about the purchase! My question to all of you is this..

1. Should I ask the seller of the truck if they monitor the EOT,ECT..ect? If they dnt should I be concerned unless the deltas are ok?

2. I'm going to 100% be monitoring the motor with a edge insight while testing driving- do I gotta ask or just hook up my monitor? Just dnt want a nasty look lol with it being a private party or dealer

3. I'm looking at 05-07..IMO best looking truck on the road! How many miles is too many?? I'm looking to spend bewteen 17-19k

BTW THIS SITE KICKS A**!!!!

#2 ·
If they don't want you to hook up a monitor, then you don't want the truck!

#4 ·
Depending on where you're located you might have a hard time getting an 05-07 for 17-19k. I paid 17995 for my 04 with 101k, albeit in mint condition.

As far as hooking up the monitor, like you said...if they don't want you to hook it up then walk away!

#5 ·
I think you can get a good truck at that price .. But depends on mileage. I just picked up my 05 w/ 154k but just had head studs and egr delete done. It was lifted this past yr and I paid 15k . Needs a little tlc ( cleaning wise) but it a great truck so far I love it! But I also searched or over 2 months for a truck that finally met my standards.

GL with the purchase!

#7 · (Edited)
Mine is ccsb xlt 4x4

#9 ·
As for hooking up your Edge, just make sure you show them you are not changing anything in their truck. Take something from Edge's website that shows it is not a tuner.

They should have zero issues then.

Try to make sure you catch the truck "cold" when you test it.

#10 ·
i bought mine a 2006 cclb xlt 160000km for 15900 but that in canada

#13 ·
Contact me, I just bought one in Texas from Afghanistan and paid $16k w/ttl out the door on an '06 f250 super with 83k mi. I can probably help you find one if you'd like. I know a few dealers here and there and wholesale auction guys. Lemme know.

#15 ·
17k-19k is very doable for a good 05-07 6.0

I just picked up a 05 king ranch completely bulletproofed for $18k. Has 190k on it though, but for me personally I want a higher mileage 6.0 because to me that means it has proven itself a good motor already. Just my .02

I would ask the owner if you could hook up the edge and show them its not a tuner, just a monitor to look at a few parameters. Most powerstroke owners are pretty cool, if they won't let you, then you don't need that truck.

Good Luck with buying a truck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.