Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Front calipers

569 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Fosterslaw77 
#1 ·
Ok so like I posted yesterday did one caliper got the second one today. Both sets the slides were frozen solid. I never would have know there was a problem if I did not want to rotate tires. I just got it back from shop last weeks replaced most of front end there under warranty. Of course they didn't notice, yet they stand to make money with the warranty work! Trust no one with your truck! I figured I drove truck like this for 2k miles at least, on a road trip with trailer. Noticed a lot of brake dust on front rims chalked it up to dusty pads. Well took truck for a spin tonight and it is a noticeable difference, just in feel alone. But when driving down strait road I averaged about 6 lbs of boost, now it's cut in half to 3lbs. So all of you in the New England quiet keep an eye on them brakes. These bike diesels don't skip a best but will be more efficient when brakes ain't dragging, I hope!

#2 ·
I do brakes constantly on these trucks mostly from pads frozen in the caliper brackets. sometimes the pins rust up or caliper pistons stick but not as often. It's amazing how many people will just toss a caliper on a truck without ever thinking to check anything else. When you have to hammer a pad out from the bracket something is wrong.

#3 ·
When I left gym tonight I reset milage calculator in truck, usually from gym to house it's down to about 16.5' maybe 17......tonight 21.0 even so def gonna get better milage, and engine load is 30% give or take vs 50-60% it use to be driving down that same road, I knew something was up!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.