need an estimation - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
need an estimation

okay i was wondering if anyone could give me an approximate figure here. i have a 2004 f350 6.0 that i bought brand new in may 2004. i am still making payments on it, and they would have been paid up coming up here in may 08. like many others i found out the hard way about this motor just like all the chit talk on the internet says. i didn't buy into it at first. i've read lots of people talking about warranty work they had done. none of my problems started until i got well into the 80k mile mark. problem free for 3.5 years, and 83K or so miles. i was even warned right before i bought this truck that the 03 models already were having problems with this motor, but i wanted a BRAND new truck since i had never had a brand new truck before[which would rule out the 7.3 that weren't brand new as of 04] i wanted a diesel, and i didn't want a chevy because they use an independent front suspension on their 4 wheel drives. around 83k miles my egr was screwing up, my injectors leaking, and a piston blew, and now the whole motor is toast. i was planning on trading it in anyway and had made up my mind over a year ago to trade it in for a brand new 08 when i was done with the payments on this one. basically i'm not investing in a new motor, so i was wondering if anyone could give me an rough trade in estimate on it. i took the survey on kelly blue book, and it was ruled poor condition, and they give no value price of poor condition vehicles. a friend who was borrowing it hit a wall, and it broke a few lines for the ac system which doesn't work no more until the leaks, and lines are replaced. i put a new stock grill on it, and radiator from the same incident. i did the best i could with a few minor dings, and dents in the drivers side fender. it doesn't look TOO bad. other than that the interior is in good condition. it was never smoked in, no odors. no stains except maybe a couple on the placemats. it's got many options. 6 disc cd player, cassette, am/fm, power windows, power door locks, drivers side power seat. currently 87k and change on the odometer, and a blown motor, and bad injectors[which would obviously be replaced with a blown motor], and the egr troubles. all of the problems came within 3k miles of each other sadly. so any rough guesses? help is greatly appreciated, and sorry for the long post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2007, 10:12 PM

I couldn't give you an estimation, but why would you invest in a new motor? Don't you still have the remaining 100K warranty on your rig. If it only has 87K on it you should only be paying a $100 deductable on the motor (unless it is flagged for mods that blew that thing up).

Moon
Old 12-04-2007, 10:40 PM

You should have a 100K mile warranty instead of 75K mile. I say fight to get it fixed then a new motor should come with a 3yr./36K mile warranty. My cousin got 92K out of his 03 6.0 and then got a new one for $100.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
go for the warranty fix., then trade it off. sorry about all the troubles you have had.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:42 AM

sorry to hear about the motor prob, you should still have the 100k motor warranty, but overall wasn't that 3.5 years the best so far!!!
Old 12-05-2007, 06:41 PM

thanks guys i feel like such an idiot for not realizing the warranty was 100k/5 years. and yes it was a good 3.5 years. i never had a problem with this truck before that. not even a bulb. i didn't believe the whole thing. i had read about things in 03 before i even invested in this truck. i thought i was just seeing the negative reviews. it wasn't quite as powerful as the 7.3s i have driven, but it was a good truck. it was much better than the gas 97 f150 i had for the 5 weeks total i had it! it was my first brand new truck i bought, and it was comfortable, pulled trailers no problem. only mods was the k&n intake, and i didn't even put it in until after i had put like 40k on the original air filter. i have been from cali to jersey three times, and back with it, florida once. once i drove it from jersey straight down to tampa/st petersburg area florida, and to northern california from there, and then back to jersey. it was reliable it really was. won't they only put another problem motor in it? or one of the newer 6.0s with all the problems worked out?
Old 12-05-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyponer View Post
thanks guys i feel like such an idiot for not realizing the warranty was 100k/5 years. and yes it was a good 3.5 years. i never had a problem with this truck before that. not even a bulb. i didn't believe the whole thing. i had read about things in 03 before i even invested in this truck. i thought i was just seeing the negative reviews. it wasn't quite as powerful as the 7.3s i have driven, but it was a good truck. it was much better than the gas 97 f150 i had for the 5 weeks total i had it! it was my first brand new truck i bought, and it was comfortable, pulled trailers no problem. only mods was the k&n intake, and i didn't even put it in until after i had put like 40k on the original air filter. i have been from cali to jersey three times, and back with it, florida once. once i drove it from jersey straight down to tampa/st petersburg area florida, and to northern california from there, and then back to jersey. it was reliable it really was. won't they only put another problem motor in it? or one of the newer 6.0s with all the problems worked out?

I'de say the root of the problems start with your air intake. K&N's suck in dirt and you put 40K on the original filter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.