Looking at a 03 6.0 to buy - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking at a 03 6.0 to buy

Well Iam strongly considering buying a 2003 auto 6.0 reg cab F350 XLT with 66,000 miles from a local dealer to replace my 94 f150. Ill end up using it to tow my mustang maybe 4 times a year to the track and drive it daily back and fourth to work. I have it for Sunday and until about 5 PM Monday and will be looking it over very closely. Still getting more info on it but I do know it has had the turbo replaced and new ball joints already. Iam very new to the diesel scene but am a quick learner. I know some of the 6.0's had tranny/turbo/headgasket problems. Now like I said the turbo was already done, and the tranny shifts perfect and goes right into gear. As far as the headgaskets go, was that just certain plants that had problems or was it all of the 6.0's in 03-04? I still have to find out what kind of warrenty its going to come with. Overall its a nice clean truck afew minor scratchs and interior is clean. They are asking $19,900 for it and Iam trying to work with them on that. So any info would be great. If I do get it I will be sure to post up some pictures asap, if it wasent this late in the year could of even got some shots with the car on the trailor . Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
sounds like a good price for the milage. it must be a 2wheel drive?
Old 12-01-2007, 11:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Woops, no it is 4x4 forgot to add that in.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:34 PM

that sounds like an awesome price for a 4x4 with low milage. id get an oasis report on it and make sure its not a lemon. sounds like a great deal to me.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

What exactly is a "Lemon"? Ive heard the term before just not sure what it means.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:06 AM

its a slang term for basicly a truck that always has something wrong with it. some times theyve had so many things wrong and fixed on them that every thing has been replace or upgraded and you dont have to worry about any thing. some times things go wrong over and over and the trucks are never right.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:16 AM
back in the saddle

definately have an oasis report run. Its a ford motor co. report of any/all maintenance work done to the truck from any ford dealership.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:23 AM

imo, I'd spend some more time reading up on these trucks and the powerstroke before purchasing one if you are unsure of what a "lemon" is. again, imo. also, i've read powerstroke's have the best tranny out of the big three. good luck and welcome to the site.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:24 AM

1st off it's a regular cab and unless you are going to keep it a long time that will hurt re-sale. I recommend a extended Cab or crew cab, this makes the truck so much more functional. I would consider spending a few dollars more for the bigger cab.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan"gerous" View Post
1st off it's a regular cab and unless you are going to keep it a long time that will hurt re-sale. I recommend a extended Cab or crew cab, this makes the truck so much more functional. I would consider spending a few dollars more for the bigger cab.
I will have it for atleast 5 years and honestly I would like a regular cab, doesnt bother me that it may take alittle longer to resell at some point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.