Wheel/ Tire/ Lift comob - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2007, 05:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wheel/ Tire/ Lift comob

Wanted to get some opinions here on some tire/wheel/lift cobmos. My only 2 options for lift is either Stock, or my 4" Skyjacker kit. I don't like the way the thing drives with the 2" front spacers, and the axle is pulled over; not an option. I like the 4" SKYjacker kit. rides nice and level. Rear blocks give it wheel hop in the sand, and I only need the extra height if my tires/wheels require it, otherwise it's a waste. I've narrowed down the wheel/tire combos I like. currently on the stock 20's with oem 275's.

A- Stock 20's w/ 285-65 BFGs. +1 size than OEM. Would fit the factory wheel nicely. no need for a 4" lift kit correct? Pros I'd think wouold be MPG's due to the tires not being huge, and not needing the 4" lift kit.

B- Stock 20's w/ 35x12.50. Will they rub on stock height? How do wide tires look/perform on narrow wheels? stock height or 4" kit?

C- 20x10's w/ 35x12.50's. Obviously 4" lift kit Min, correct? Negatives would be MPG's, MPG's, MPG's and price tag.

I have a buddy with a '01? 7.3 F"350" with a leaf level kit that is PERFECT for me. But I know the '05-07 front end is a different animal....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2007, 05:29 PM

I like the the stock size + 1 bigger tire size, good mpg, no rubbing. But the 4" lift is sweet also I guess it depends on how much $$ u want to spend. If you do decide to not go with the 4" kit and want to get rid of it shoot me a pm I might be intrested

Last edited by orangesbc383; 12-01-2007 at 05:35 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:32 PM
KVFD

Send a message via MSN to redstroker_2002
Go with the skyjacker!!! but its your truck so do what you need to do! put some bf all terrain's on that puppy it will look sharp!
Old 12-01-2007, 05:41 PM

Prevsiously I had some 2.5" front spacers on the truck stock; hated them. It drove like a tard. Axle was pulled over too. Currently have the 4" SJ kit on my truck, with stock 20's and the OEM 275 tires. The truck looks a bit to big for them. So I'm trying to figure a good combo.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:44 PM

you could go with a 305 tire that will look good, and you wont have any problems with the way it fits. Do you have blocks in the back or springs?
Old 12-01-2007, 05:46 PM

3.5" blocks that came with the 4" kit. FYI, I couldn't find any 305 tires that are about 34-35" tall. the 305/55R20 are 33x12.50's basically.

Been doing more research, looks like I'm going to keep the 4" SJ kit. I've been real happy with it. just these Fuel prices have been scaring me... making me think crazy things; like maybe ditch the lift! Can't find any other tires than these 2: BFG 285-65 And the ATZ 35x12.50. Looks like I might try the ATZ's on the OEM wheel, and then judge if 20x10's are needed. I'd really like to see a 35x12.50 on stock 20's... anyone have a pic of that?

Last edited by JBakerFX4; 12-01-2007 at 07:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.