Programmer on a 6.0 without head studs - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2007, 06:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Cobra3824
Programmer on a 6.0 without head studs

Alright so who here has any kind of programmer on a 2003-2007 6.0L without the ARP or other performance head studs? How has your truck held up so far? I'm very interested in purchashing and SCT programmer, but wanted to see some of your input with your own experience. Thanks in advance
~Randy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2007, 06:54 PM

I have the sct on an 04 ex with no problems. I had the prediter with massive problems, and THREW IT AWAY! Thanks Granny!!!
Old 11-22-2007, 07:11 PM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
You can safely run a programmer on he 6.0L without studs. I would suggest gauges however. You need to be able to monitor your EGTs. You can also still run some fairly hot tunes without studs.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to Cobra3824
yeah I'll be buying guages and an SCT programmer at the same time. Wouldn't want to get the SCT without the guages. I pretty much just want to start out with some low tunes like the economy, tow and a performance nothing extreme until the headstuds (eventually). Any idea on how much Ford charges to install headstuds without warranty?
Old 11-22-2007, 09:34 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra3824 View Post
Alright so who here has any kind of programmer on a 2003-2007 6.0L without the ARP or other performance head studs? How has your truck held up so far? I'm very interested in purchashing and SCT programmer, but wanted to see some of your input with your own experience. Thanks in advance
~Randy
No studs here....yet. held up good so far. burped some white smoke couple days ago, think it's just the cold weather running xtreme street. truck is holding up great and freaking RIPS and sounds like a beast with 3/4 throttle. do it.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra3824 View Post
yeah I'll be buying guages and an SCT programmer at the same time. Wouldn't want to get the SCT without the guages. I pretty much just want to start out with some low tunes like the economy, tow and a performance nothing extreme until the headstuds (eventually). Any idea on how much Ford charges to install headstuds without warranty?
$100 bucks if you find the the right dealer. I thought I was gonna run only the economy tune also, impossible for me. street is as low as I'll go. lol Once you run xtreme you're not gonna wanna degrade.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:53 PM

$100 WITHOUT a warranty? Wow... I never knew that, figured it to be much more expensive than that for some reason. Maybe I need to save up for some head studs now.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:12 PM

some dealers will do it under warranty if you provide the studs. i've read of some dealers providing the studs though.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:22 AM

don't skimp on a tuner, I have the super chips flashpac 1807 4 different power down loads, very easy to use, portable, can clear all codes great for diag. also as an added bonus you can us it on all of you friends 6.0's oh and it will work on ford gas powered 2001 and newer
for C.E.L's.. A GOTTA HAVE.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:36 AM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
For a 6.0, nothing currently is better than the SCT with custom tunes!!! There are a lot of guys here running mid to low 14's with just a good tune, and exhaust...at FULL weight.

I had a chance in NC to ride with Eric (Delaware King Ranch) in his street tune and it is nuts!!! 4wd boosted launches are friggin sweet in a 6.0L. I can't wait until I have a chance to ride in a 6.4L with some custom tunes and regen delete!!! I bet it's even more awesomer!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.