Real working dash - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 09:10 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Real working dash

I've had a few folks ask about the cluster I built when I destroked my truck, and asked if I would be interested in building them one as well. What would be the main things you guys would be looking for? The stock opening is capable of holding 8 gauges if 4" is used for the speedo and tach and 2.125" for everything else. Plus there is room for an info bar at the top, but I will have to look into getting the PCM/tcm to read it.

I am asking on the dodge forums as well as there were a couple guys interested over there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 09:22 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I would be interested in knowing how you hooked everything up. Did you just discard the stock instrument cluster and run all separate sensors for the Autometer cluster? I think it would be really cool to do with an 08 interior swap. BTW, does your truck have an 8k rpm tach in it? I can't find anything less than that.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nope, I have a 10k tach, when people ask if it will rev that, I say it will once. And a 225 mph speedo to boot, thought it looked cool.

Mine, I just ripped everything out and made a sheet metal background. I have the PCM setup in an unlock state so to speak. It doesn't need the gauges to run the engine properly. The tranny is run on a standalone that just uses tps, and rpms to adjust shifting.

I had planned on paralleling the gauges off the factory inputs, you would strip the cluster and bundle it under the dash. I am looking for a totaled truck to play with before its crushed and see how this would work out, the motors for the gauges themselves are tiny, so I think it could be bundled up tightly and out of the way and still let the PCM think they are there so no problems.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:55 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Do you have any pics of your cluster. I really don't like the stock gauges. The tach and speedo are the only ones of any use to me. I would be okay with just leaving the whole cluster stashed somewhere under the dash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.