Curious how well my 6.0 will do against a 5.9 cummins? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2007, 12:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sins4u33
Curious how well my 6.0 will do against a 5.9 cummins?

Hey guys,
Just picked up a 2006 F250 Supercab FX4 Lariat, ended up putting a MBRP Aluminized 5" turbo back exhaust on her today, love the sound, just curious how my truck would do against my friends 2006 Dodge 2500 5.9L Quad Cab, he has...

-Intake/Exhaust
-Bully Dog (Crazy Larry Tune + a few others)
-Stock Trans
-Stock everything else

If he was to put his stock program on, how do you think that race would go against my truck right now? i dont have a chip/programmer yet...im in the market just dont know what the BEST would be, money isnt the issue on mods...i want the best money can get if you all know what i mean. Didn't buy to race, but u know how addicting speed can be. Bought her to tow my race car (1995 Toyota Supra).

Just curious to see what your guys input would be, ive heard of this zoodad mod, i plan on doing it eventually, dont know if intake is a big deal on these trucks, ive heard mix storys about one. But let me hear your alls input.

Thanks,
Ben Y
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2007, 12:03 PM

stock against stock it will be a close race so do a boosted 4X4 launch and you have a good chance and then for aftermarket HP go with the SCT or PPE and you'll then be able to toast that Cummins in a race even when he has the BD tuned too it's max expecially if he has the stock tranny..

ON EDIT:his tranny won't hold the extra power like the tranny behind your PSD so when you extra HP on a CTD you have to be carefull you don't blow the tranny but thats his problem not yours so that will be a major hold back for his truck but other then a CTD can really get moving with the right tuning and tranny..

Last edited by TYREBOYS_DEMAXIN; 11-15-2007 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:35 PM

you will probably take him stock. boosted launch is the key. but when you get a chip on that pstroke and want to race him then, u better hope i didn't save enough for a new tranny.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:01 PM

Get an SCT. Don't wait like I did............
Old 11-18-2007, 12:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sins4u33
so ive been looking into chips now guys...ive heard not to get an intake so im going to stay away from one for now and just go straight to a chip...im looking at the SCT and the PPE like TYREBOYS_DEMAXIN said to get...which one is best overall...ive heard alot about the SCT unit...ive messed with it a few times on my friends cobra, ive uploaded tunes and tweaked with timming on his car, is it a good program though for the f250...what is this PPE exactley? the Ford Xcelerator?

Ben Y
Old 11-18-2007, 12:29 PM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Send a message via Skype™ to DKR
SCT---only way to go for the 6.0s!! I am in the 14s...but I have seen the Cummins in the 11 and 12s with no problems.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:30 AM

the SCT mite be the hot ticket for the PSD but that PPE wakes them up also enough that it really impressed me..
Old 11-28-2007, 08:32 AM
I don't know nuttin....

You'll smoke him with an SCT.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sins4u33 View Post
Hey guys,
Just picked up a 2006 F250 Supercab FX4 Lariat, ended up putting a MBRP Aluminized 5" turbo back exhaust on her today, love the sound, just curious how my truck would do against my friends 2006 Dodge 2500 5.9L Quad Cab, he has...

-Intake/Exhaust
-Bully Dog (Crazy Larry Tune + a few others)
-Stock Trans
-Stock everything else

If he was to put his stock program on, how do you think that race would go against my truck right now? i dont have a chip/programmer yet...im in the market just dont know what the BEST would be, money isnt the issue on mods...i want the best money can get if you all know what i mean. Didn't buy to race, but u know how addicting speed can be. Bought her to tow my race car (1995 Toyota Supra).

Just curious to see what your guys input would be, ive heard of this zoodad mod, i plan on doing it eventually, dont know if intake is a big deal on these trucks, ive heard mix storys about one. But let me hear your alls input.

Thanks,
Ben Y
if you race supras then i'm sure you know who dana westover from virtual works is. he is one of my best friends and is the whole reason i did all the mods to my truck because he was always beating me with his dmax.
to answer your question though:
stock vs. stock you should beat him easily.
with an SCT or a good programmer will have you easily whipping a dodge with only a chip. now if he has injectors or turbo work and a good programmer he will beat you bad, but with stock parts and a chip, the powerstroke is way faster than the dodge with equivalent mods.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYREBOYS_DEMAXIN View Post
the SCT mite be the hot ticket for the PSD but that PPE wakes them up also enough that it really impressed me..
that is because the ppe increases the TIMING to unsafe levels and that is what increases the cylinder pressure so badly. you can have an SCT that makes the same amount of timing if you wanna compromise your h/g or you already have studs. PPE is no match for SCT. SCT is the totaly package and controls the transmission flawlessly. PPE cannot match sct.

anyone who thinks otherwise can bring their ppe equipped powerstroke to vegas and if they can beat my truck i'll buy a ppe and give them my sct.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.