6.0 Bashing! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2007, 07:12 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy 6.0 Bashing!

Just got my new issue ( Jan 08 ) of Diesel World. On the rumor has it page they "update" us on the Ford vs Navistar war. Once again I see our engines described as the "unsuccessful 6.0 liter mill". My engine has been pretty successful over the last 3 years! How about yours? Fire Departments, Ambulances, Contractors still use them. I know all about the early production issues and I feel for those who got stung. I just get tired of hearing all the crap about the 6.0. International ( Navistar) calls thiers the VGT 365, has that been called unsuccessful? Diesel World represents itself as being an authority and resource for the Diesel enthusiast. Letting crap like that in an article is just more than an oversight, it shows that they must print press releases with out reviewing them for accuracy. I bet they sell a lot of magazines to people like us with "unsuccessful" engines! They sure try to sell us things to help blow them up! ( Humor!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I loved my 6.0..infact it is in the issue of Diesel World. 38k miles and the only thing wrong was the vacuum pump for the heater.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:24 PM

most of the 6's were fine. it's just there was a higher percentage of f ups with it than on the 7.3

i work with someone who had an '04. had so many problems, Ford gave him his many back. he ended up buying an 04 Dodge Diesel.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:30 PM

My neighborhood is now getting invaded by Diesel Dodges! See what bad press does!
Old 11-08-2007, 07:32 PM

6.0's can be pretty sucky.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:32 PM

I LUV MY 6.0
Old 11-08-2007, 07:35 PM

In fact, the spot where I took the picture of my truck, a big red Mega Cab parks there now! I think it has brought down our property values!
Old 11-08-2007, 07:39 PM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
The only Non-Ford truck in my townhouses is a Dodge Hemi. The other three (mine included) are all Ford Diesels. The other two Fords are 6.0's though. I'm representing the 7.3L crowd. I talked to one of the 6.0 guys and he knows nothing about diesels other than they are good ofr plowing snow...the only thing he uses his truck for...save for the occasional trip to the store.

I've killed that Hemi too many times...it's getting to be more of an anoyance than fun!!!
Old 11-08-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlebox View Post
In fact, the spot where I took the picture of my truck, a big red Mega Cab parks there now! I think it has brought down our property values!
I dont know about that. Larrys 05 Dodge with just tuner and module puts down 520hp and 900 fpt! That was with a bad transmission and cat. He is finishing up the trans tonight for the NC meet. Hope he gets it done. That is one bad thing about them...the trans sucks, but so does the 4R100 and the allison. One thing I really mis from my 05 Ford was the 5R110. I'm still a Ford guy. The Dodge truck itself leaves alot to be desired.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:45 PM

The 6.0 is a VERY good engine of course the very first ones had problems but after that, it was and still is an extremely hard working and reliable diesel engine. by the way yall need to ditch "diesel world" and pick up Diesel Power no bashing, looots of news, how to articles, readers rides, the whole nine yards. I would highly recommend it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.