Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Got My Insight & SCT 3015 Today!! Yay

502 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  WarChild 
#1 ·
Went for a drive with the Insight monitor to check my ECT EOT delta in my "new to me" 2003 Excursion.

My drive to work is only 55mph max and probably average 45mph total and today was a cool 45* day. My greatest delta for the 25 minute drive was 14*. Thats pretty normal right?

Im curious what that delta will be when I hook up my 10,000lb trailer. You think it will get further apart or remain about the same?

#2 ·
Best way (and most accurate way) is to be in loaded and go 60-65mpg on lever ground for 10-15 min. Make sure you are at operating temps (190ish). That will give you an accurate level of delta separation. More than 15* separation and you are looking at a clogged oil cooler and needs replacement.

#3 ·
So at 15* that means its clogged, or does it mean it is beginning to become restricted? Or does it mean its fully clogged?

#5 · (Edited)
The best way to tell is to get the oil and coolant temp OVER 190 (I like to get them really high and actually see what it will cool down to) then drive 55-65 (I settle at 60) for about 20 min on a flat surface unloaded and then take the reading.
15*+ means its clogged
12-14* means is clogged but still simi cooling
1-12* lower end is better but you are still cooling.
For me, anything over an 8* delta if im going to be in the motor for anythin the oil cooler would be getting replaced. Thats just me though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.