my 6.0 is in service. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 05:51 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
my 6.0 is in service.

I bought my truck about a month ago and have been noticing that I can't get any better than 10-11 mpg no matter how much I baby it. I also was noticing that when the converter would lock up in OD, I would get a missfire or bogging. I took it in to my local dealer today and they called me back very quickly telling me that number 4 injector is doing really bad. They will have a new one in tomorrow and will change it right away. I can't wait to get my rig back and running correctly!! Big thumbs up to my local ford dealer!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Took my truck in today for a service and some tranny work. I hope I get it back soon and I also left my truck programmed.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:56 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamijdm View Post
I bought my truck about a month ago and have been noticing that I can't get any better than 10-11 mpg no matter how much I baby it. I also was noticing that when the converter would lock up in OD, I would get a missfire or bogging. I took it in to my local dealer today and they called me back very quickly telling me that number 4 injector is doing really bad. They will have a new one in tomorrow and will change it right away. I can't wait to get my rig back and running correctly!! Big thumbs up to my local ford dealer!!!
Good luck. I hope they get you all fixed up. Keep us posted.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:58 AM
Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamijdm View Post
We techs appreciate it when customers put things up like this. Is there any way that you could put up the name of the dealer and where its at? Info about dealers is like the news, you only hear bad stuff. Thanks in advance if you can let us know where you got the service so others here may beable to go to.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:07 AM
I don't know nuttin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005F250 View Post
Took my truck in today for a service and .....I also left my truck programmed.
Thats was a really bad thing to do. If they do a reflash - sometimes they just do it if they see you don't have the latest ford program - your tunner will be worthless!
What kind of programmer do you have? Maybe call and make sure they don't do any programming.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Hey Stroketech, I agree that there are some really good guys working at some of the dealers and they should be recognized. But there are still too many jerks as well. I never know when I get to the dealer which type I'm going to be working with. One guy bends over backwards to help me. Another acts like I'm wasting his time. Ford needs to weed some of the bad guys out.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHenry View Post
Thats was a really bad thing to do. If they do a reflash - sometimes they just do it if they see you don't have the latest ford program - your tunner will be worthless!
What kind of programmer do you have? Maybe call and make sure they don't do any programming.
I told the service manager it was in and he said it will be fine. I have the PPE programmer and they are 30 min. from where I live so if I have problems I'll take it to them. They've fixed it before.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Banned

as Jon said...its really nice to hear someone talking about having a good experience with the dealer. You hear ALL of the bad stories...and rarely hear about the good...because people dont tend to voice thier opinion and experiences when they arent mad!!

Its a good thing to hear, and is much appreciated....there are a few members of this forum that have been to my dealer, and i KNOW they are very happy (and if you read this howard....lets leave the ABS light out of it...it wasnt my fault your Pickup has an Excursion PCM in it )
Old 11-09-2007, 04:11 AM

Well, I can say nothing but GOOD things about Maritime Ford both sales and service.
Their service department is always friendly and fairly priced. They do my oil changes and all may maintenance because it was only $5.00 more to do it myself. They take me home when my truck is in service. They will pick it up anywhere in town, service it and then return the truck with an invoice on the seat. The truck is always clean and I have yet to have something fixed twice (knock, knock,wood).
Old 11-09-2007, 04:36 AM

I wish something like that existed somewhere close to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.