K&N Filters - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Silent Service

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
K&N Filters

I have a 2005 F250 SD with a K&N FIPK II air filter that I just bought and installed. I have heard that I may have installed the wrong filter, something about poor filtration causing engine damage. I guess I need to know what the best filter would be in your opinion? (I do not have my stock filter anymore, do not ask me why...)

I am not sure I want to do the ZooDad thing....

Thanks,
Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Probobly the AFE intakes. Look at the stage 2 intakes. They have a new prodry filter that doesn't need to be oiled.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have a k & n and have heard they cause engine "dusting". I think as long as you take care of the filter properly you will be just fine.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:38 AM

I've had terrible luck in the past with K&N products, so much that I will never use another one as long as I live, but if you keep after it and clean it more then required you should be fine.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:50 PM

I have a K&N on my truck as well as my two Banshees and sandrail and have never had a problem. 40,000 on the odemeter with a K&N and I still never get a spot of dirt when I perform the white glove test . If you cant take care of any thing I would not reccomend any aftermarket intake. I have had my Rail for four years, and I go to Glamis at least four times a year and my intake is spottless, according to the CO. that sevices it.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:21 PM

I HATE K&N FILTERS. I've had horrible luck with them and MAF's. FYI, they don't filter worth a crap. They are what they are.... High flow, low filtration filters suited for racing only application cars/trucks that don't care about getting 100K+ out of engines, and don't have MAFs, but CARBS. I'm sticking with my STOCK OEM FORD air filtering system.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:33 PM
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG

QUOTE=vitalidle;316943]Probobly the AFE intakes. Look at the stage 2 intakes. They have a new prodry filter that doesn't need to be oiled.[/QUOTE]

I have also heard very good things about the AFE setup, don't have one yet myself. I enough things to do to my truck for now. The whole K&N thing, i think they are ok filters for the naturally aspirated engines but my stealer told me that in the strokers the suction from the turbo will overtime actually warp the metal back on the filter causing dirty air to be sucked around the filter itself and into the turbo. That will cause your dusting damage.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Silent Service

Zoodad

Well, I have decided to keep my K&N FIPK for now, I just bought it and don't want to change it, for now.

I did order the ZooDad kit from Innovative today. I can't wait to get that installed, but I may wait until I upgrade to a new grill.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:24 PM

I have run my K&N on my Dodge for over 100,000 miles, the filter went bad and K&N replaced it, no questions asked. I've checked my intake and turbo for dirt and they are as clean as the day I bought the truck.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:47 PM

Send a message via MSN to WILLIAM LORCH
I have a 94 PSD pulle a 36 ft montania rv have ha d this filter on 4 ever and it works just fine total maintence 4 this vechicial has been hte #5 fuel injector and th eglow plugs an hte wireing harnesses, Al o rings replaced on injectors.... i have a coolent fiter on it. NO compaints at all............. Bill> Oh replaced hte clutch wit h a con "O" hte dual mass fly wheel wasent best but operaing... My story On this vechicial......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.