Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Replacing ball joints and steering damper

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  HarvestingInternationally 
#1 · (Edited)
What are the part numbers for the

1. Both tie rods and ball joint. I would like to get the OEM greasable kind, or an aftermarket that is better than OEM.

2. And then aftermarket suggestions for the steering damper.

2006 f-350 lariat 4x4 SRW 99,000 miles.

Thank you :thumb:

#2 ·
Moog or raybestos advance technology balls joints both a grease able

#5 ·
So what are the part numbers?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#6 ·
Moog for the ball joints. Get the outter axle seals (new updated metal type) and the hub o ring (big yellow) while your in there. Both those seals should be replaced every time your in there. If you offroad much your trac bar joint goes out as fast as the ball joints and should probably be replaced. Put a crow bar (like 5ft) under the track bar, but above axle, and see if you can pry up and get any slop. If that thing moves anything noticeable, than death wobble can happen. That one presses out the same as the rest of um. Good luck.

#8 · (Edited)
Here is the best article on ball-joint replacement I have seen. It has pics and part numbers. However, the parts store should always be consulted in the unlikely event the part number has been updated.

Ford Super Duty Ball Joint Replacement Procedure | Superdutypsd.com

BTW, the ball-joint parts will fit the 03-07 powerstroke. $33 on Amazon for a Moog upper, $46 for a lower. The seal numbers listed in the article do not match for the 6.0.

#9 ·
#11 ·
Dynatrac ball joints so nice! But they so expensive!

I run the RCD steering stab. It mounts in the stock location, with a new upper bracket, and an adjustable lower bracket for lifted application. If you want one up and out of sight, that one works great.

#13 ·
If you're not going to grease your balljoints then don't bother getting greasable ones. I personally don't like moog balljoints and would rather have oem without the grease fitting. I was brought a set of moog balljoints from someone who said they were better than OEM. Really?

#14 ·
its how you take care of them..if you grease em and check the boots they can be..im not a fan of life time lube ones...boots tear..rease wears thin and you can replace it...moog has always been a good ALTERNATIVE to OEM suspension parts...some are made in USA those are the ones u want not the ones made of seas. greaseable one allow you to flush them clean of debries.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.