Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

A few questions

616 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  LvTitan 
#1 ·
I have 03 6.0. I love it. Runs great. But.......... Does anyone have a cure for frozen hubs. It has those "lock"----"auto" type, cannot turn them. Any suggestion? Also, on shut down something under the hood runs for 30 to 40 seconds and then quits. Does any one know what this is? Is the Bully Dog free trial worth trying? Will the engine return to stock after the trial time expires with no ill effects.
Thanks
YO EC

#2 ·
the running after shut down is a injector cycling flash ford used to mask the injector problems (mine does it too) there is a new flash out now that does not have the cycling(or what you hear running after **** down)

my experiences with frozen hubs have never been good and they had to be replaced with new ones, others might be able to help better though.

and I haven't heard of the Bully dog free trial

#3 ·
I had the frozen hubs on my 03 at ~72,000 miles. The dealership just replaced them for me (non warranty item). Some have had luck taking them apart and greasing them up. Others have replaced them with a set of Warn hubs.

#4 ·
so far i've never had a problem with my hubs. 60k miles so far on an 04, but i use my 4wd often to keep this from happening. you should use it at least once a month for that very reason, i use mine almost weekly (mostly due to traction issues at green lights ) :)

and the bully dog thing is actually kind of cool. it's only like a mild tune, 40-60HP i believe, but my buddy's shop carries it, so i let him tune my truck before. it lasted almost a week, and if you have had SCT or even, dare i say, edge, then you will not be impressed, but if you have had a stock truck it's quite a bit of performance increase you will notice and some black smoke too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.