Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

06 F250 Oil Analysis

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  smokersteve 
#1 · (Edited)
Just thought I would share my first oil analysis. this is the first oil change I did going to the Rotella T6 5w40 running Rev-X with a Amsoil oil bypass setup. Think I will try the Archoil next time around. I would have went with it this time, but I already had the Rev-x.

On that note, when the engine is cold, I have a miss problem pretty bad. I feel I may not have gotten to the injectors in time before the FICM started going bad. If I plug it in no issues, let it warm up no issues. Nice and cold nice miss under acceleration.

Attachments

#4 ·
Yeah, well what I am thinking, is this truck as been running dino oil, and this sample was off the first time this truck has had had a synthetic oil. I am guessing with the Rev-X and the fact that synthetic oil is such a good cleaner, that the next time i do the analysis which I will pull at 5k, well go down. Or I hope anyway. I have reviewed several reports and everyone seems to lower than me, but also seems a lot of people have also been running the synthetic oil longer than I have. I only know this truck has been running dino oil as I found receipts, and the log the previous owner had kept stated Rotella T 15w40. So i am the first to flush this thing with some synthetic.

#8 · (Edited)
Don't be so sure that the numbers are dino oil related. With 100k on mine (at time of oil analysis), AT LEAST 65k of that was Rotella T 15W40. That being said, at 10k on the oil, my iron was 16 my viscosity @ 100 was 14.5 and my TBN was 7.1. That was at 10,000 miles on dino oil. I also do my tests at Speedco.

EDIT: here's a copy/paste of my 10K dino oil numbers from Speedco:
Aluminum__4
Chromium_<2
Copper___<2
Iron______16
Lead______6
Tin_______<2
Silicon____<2
Potassium_<2
Sodium____12
Moly______4
Water____<0.1
Oxidation_5.2
Visc@100_14.5
Gkycol____ND
Fuel______<2
TBN______7.1
Nitration__<2
Soot_____0.3

sent from a dumb guy with a smart phone

#7 ·
I changed my oil when I sent the sample out. Then a week later I saw the report.
I decided to test but not change the oil when it got to 3,000 miles. Not a drop of fuel, and I have never had fuel show up out of the last 5 samples and 4 oil changes.
I think they messed up the test. Blackstone labs.

Im about 50 miles from 10,000 miles on 3 gallons of 10w-30 and 1 gallon of 15w-40 of rotella.
This is the same oil that I tested at 3,000 miles.

I will as usual post the test results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.