Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

best remote starer

3K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  mudpuppi 
#1 ·
what do you guys use for a remote starter for your trucks?
i have a 2004 and would like to have one to start up my truck to piss the neighbors off with out stepping outside.
i see some on amazon for less then 100 bucks
whats the best brand for the buck.
thanks
vince

#4 ·
I have the viper 5701 and I love it and would highly recommend it

#5 ·
Autopage is rediculous as well. Was on my truck since I bought it in '08 and it's worked awesome until a month ago. Now it only seems to work when it's warm outside. When it works as it's supposed to, it has an 1/8th mile range and disbler that has saved my truck from being jacked twice in El Paso. Plus, it pages you should someone break in. Unfortunately, I was on leave through the two incidents in EP.

#6 ·
I have a viper smart start system, and love it, no distance restriction I can start it up from anywhere. I'd also reccomend a viper system because they have better programmable options, WTS, turbo timer, some of the newer ones will start them selfs at a selected temperature.

#11 ·
They're all the same.....99% of them are made by the same company dei.
Just pic the fetures and options you need/want.

#12 ·
Mines a viper, it's been on my truck since 05 and never let me down.

#16 ·
what do you guys think of crime stoppers remote starters?
Lady hooked me up for Christmas.
I looked it up says it for diesels ?
your thoughts?

#18 ·
#19 ·
I got a Clifford 2 way remote start on my 05, and it works great for what I need. Even kinda tested the range, had no problem starting the truck from about 3/4 mile away.

#20 ·
I have the vioer with smart start and it works flawlessly. I work overseas and my truck stays parked at the airport for weeks at a time. Once a week I start it and let it run for 15 minutes from over 3000 miles away! When I am home and it is cold, I leave my high idle switch on and the truck is nice and toasty after about 10 minutes of run time. Really nice in the summer too when it is over 100!

#21 ·
I have a python starter, it's made by viper just a little cheaper. I went with a python brand because they have an app for the iphone so you can start with the phone which makes it really nice.

#22 ·
Just got the Viper 5901 getting it installed in a couple weeks. Loved the 2 way remote, turbo timer, and all the other features. I've heard a lot of people say the LCD remote gets scratched up easily so I will have to cut out a screen protector or something for it. I wanted security and remote start so that's what I went with. It's nice that the remote tells you what's going on with your truck too.

#23 ·
I have the Viper and love it. The only issue I have is that sometimes it does not start on the first time. I don't have a bitwriter to up the starter time, I only need it to turnover a couple seconds longer to eliminate this issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.