Cop Consensus... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2007, 06:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eazenutz33
Cop Consensus...

I go to college in the ghetto of KC, MO. I also have a streetbike converted for stunt/trick riding that I keep cabled in the bed of my truck and keep the tailgate locked as well.

I understand major cities have motorcycle theft problems.....my 600RR before this was stolen.

BUT, the other day a cop set off my alarm in my truck when climbing into the bed to look everything over on the bike, and I'm sure to write down and inspect the vin numbers on the bike.

is it legal in your areas to "enter" my property by getting into the bed of my truck, or climbing on the tailgate/nerf bars to look into the cab or bed? My bike is 190% legit and clean titled in my name, but I get pissed when people wanna lift things over the side of the bed or tailgate cause it scratches the paint.....I dont care if its a cop or crook, I dont want people in my truck!

Just wondering on thoughts about if I'm allowed to be upset about that, or if I'm right and they need to mind their own business and wait until I give them permission to hop in or get my bike down for them to inspect.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2007, 07:18 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Yeah I'd be po'd if I had done nothing wrong and someone was climbing into my rig being nosy. I don't like ANYONE touching my rig - damn sure when they have no business doing it.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:20 AM

I would think that entering your truck, weather it is the bed or the cab, would be invasion.
Of course from the cop's stand point, there is always probable cause.

You can always call the station and complain. It would help if you have his name. But unfortunatly I think that will be lost cause.

You could set up booby traps.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:22 AM

I came outta class ready to catch a thief and beat em to death, instead I find a cop and start debating what to do with him. I asked him WTF he was doing in my truck, he didn't say much and got in his car and left. I wanna get ahold of his C.O. and see if they can do that or not. Made me a lil more upset that I found a couple small scratches on the tailgate. I can't say he left em there for 100% certainty, but they would be about right for someone with a utility belt climbing in!
Old 10-29-2007, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfines@cox.net View Post
You could set up booby traps.
thats not an option.....a guy in KC hot wired his screens on his house windows because someone was breaking in every couple of months of so and robbing him......robber showed up, stuck a screw driver into the window and was killed. Homeowner was brought up on intentional manslaughter! Not sure how that played out in the end, but still!
Old 10-29-2007, 07:26 AM

You can alway's clam damage to personal property. And with you not doing anything wrong. That makes the cop the criminal.

Of course, it is KC your talking about.

Still don't know if your going to get anywhere with it.
His CO is probably going to protect him, Maybe a lawer would be the best way to go. If it means that much to you.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:29 AM

For the booby trap thing. I wouldn't have used electricity. But something like the paint the banks use.

If I wanted to kill someone, I would wait and shoot them myself. That way I get the satisfaction.

Plus, a dog goes a long way's.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:32 AM

doesn't mean that much to me, but I would like to catch him doing it again and use my cellphone camera to video him in there.....give it to the local news and ask em why he's in there.

Local CBS 5 News LOVES to HATE the polie in KC. They've caught 5 or 6 of em nappin at home and running honey-do's while on the clock, couple of em even fired after that.

I might talk to his CO and tell him what truck, where I park it, and why my truck needs to be left alone! I had Statey's on a local town for gettin pulled over 6 nights in a row when workin nights, same cop all times......he's working for walmart where I live now!
Old 10-29-2007, 07:34 AM
Premium Member

Hey look at it this way, he went on a diet and a exercise program all because of your rig... A. He put down his donut... B. He had to climb up into the back of your rig....
I'm sure you would be greatful if it was someone else's rig with your bike in the back that he was "checking out the #s on"...
j/k (about the donut) thin blue line guys...
Old 10-29-2007, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazenutz33 View Post
doesn't mean that much to me, but I would like to catch him doing it again and use my cellphone camera to video him in there.....give it to the local news and ask em why he's in there.

Local CBS 5 News LOVES to HATE the polie in KC. They've caught 5 or 6 of em nappin at home and running honey-do's while on the clock, couple of em even fired after that.
The cops in Mesa don't have that good of a reputation either. Well at least a few years ago they didn't.

A few were found in there car's with hookers. You know the un official body cavity search. The news people loved that one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.