Gasoline in tank - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gasoline in tank

Well filled. up at a local fill station. The person asked me what I wanted I replied with diesel and I also have a diesel fuel cap. So he ends up filling it with gasoline. I get the tank drained, filters changed etc.

I go to pick it up from the fill station and I notice a weird hum. I scan for codes and a P0470 comes up. I'm thinking the mechanic bumped or hit the sensor while changing the secondary fuel filter.

I'm looking for a picture that shows the location of the sensor. In case they try and give me the run around and not want to fix it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 04:25 PM

And the argument for a raise in minimum wage for unskilled workers comes from where.... Just pouring gas on a distant fire

But sorry to hear your misfortune
Old 12-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Follow the upper radiator hose towards the engine and you'll find the thermostat housing. There is a bracket on the housing that contains the exhaust backpressure sensor. 3 main things to check are the sensor connector, sensor and the tube leading up from the exhaust manifold
Old 12-07-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEESLVRGN View Post
And the argument for a raise in minimum wage for unskilled workers comes from where.... Just pouring gas on a distant fire

But sorry to hear your misfortune

It was a older fellow who pumps fuel because he enjoys it (retired). I talked to a few people around town during my day and he has done it before. The worst part is I missed out on a days work which isn't cheap.

It's in the past I just want things made right

Thanks SINNER, I have to put a few kms on it tomorrow morning. Is it alright to run it with fauly sensor for a few hours?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.