What would you pay for this truck? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 06:45 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What would you pay for this truck?

As a few of you know i am in the market for a 6.0. I found this truck at a dealer about 5 mins from my house and it seems to be taken care of. Also does anyone have a carfax account and could possibly run the VIN? i know most of the things to look for on the engine side but im really curious is to what you guys would pay for this truck.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 06:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Nice lookin truck but with 179k miles Id say no. Thats alot of miles. To me anyways. (OK this is were someone comes out with the Ive got a million miles on mine spill)
Now if the bed was in perfect shape, no signs of a 5th wheel. If a full ARP head stud and gasket job had been done and you could run a monitor in it and the deltas were great Id go 15k....I bought my 2005 f350 4x4 dully with new tires and new batt.s with a warranty with 101k for under $20k.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:01 AM

Also remeber come another couple weeks and car dealers are desperate to get rid of cars before they turn another year older!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Last Feb. I paid 17,500 for an 07 with 167,000 miles. Had a bad FICM when I bought it and doesn't have studs. Oil cooler had been replaced at some point deltas were 8* - 10* and haven't changed. It's got 181,000 now and seems to be a good truck. I feel like I could sell mine today for the same money.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fast68 View Post
Last Feb. I paid 17,500 for an 07 with 167,000 miles. Had a bad FICM when I bought it and doesn't have studs. Oil cooler had been replaced at some point deltas were 8* - 10* and haven't changed. It's got 181,000 now and seems to be a good truck. I feel like I could sell mine today for the same money.
You say it seems to be a good truck, I would argue (in a friendly nice way) that if you have a scan guage and it now shows your FICM is healthy your ALT volts are great and your deltas are good and all the rest of your temps are were they should be that you do have a great truck. FORD reeley got the body's/frame and running gear on these trucks right. The motor not so much...but if cared for the motor IMO is also a great truck. But with out a monitor, you just dont know.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to mustangman02232 Send a message via Yahoo to mustangman02232
Personally, 14.5 maybe, but I won't buy anything used I can't get a deal on
Old 12-06-2012, 07:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnisoj View Post
You say it seems to be a good truck, I would argue (in a friendly nice way) that if you have a scan guage and it now shows your FICM is healthy your ALT volts are great and your deltas are good and all the rest of your temps are were they should be that you do have a great truck. FORD reeley got the body's/frame and running gear on these trucks right. The motor not so much...but if cared for the motor IMO is also a great truck. But with out a monitor, you just dont know.
Well I want to wait till I've had it a year to call it great If I ever have major engine damage, where I'm looking at a rebuild, I think I'll just put a cummings in it.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:41 AM

I'd say $16k would be a ok deal on that truck. And mainly because its a King Ranch and it appears to be in nice condition. Just for reference, my dad bought a 06 with 192k back in January for $14k out the door. And one of my friends bought a 07 with 138k back in may for $18k. Both trucks are CCSB FX4's.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:02 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to Bluedemon6.0
Pick up the oasis report from the dealer and see what kind of work had been done. Me personally I would not worry about miles. Get a good look under the engine, see if the egr cooler is there, after market intake, and see what color the coolant is. It looks like a stock exhaust so there probably is not that many mods done on the rig. If everything looks good, I'd give 16k for it. That way you have some play for a oil cooler in case she is pluged.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:09 AM

I got a oasis from my dealer and it came back with nothing on it. But right on the core support there is stickers that show Ford mechanics have worked on it in the past so unfourtunately the OASIS can be misleading. (and I have a krappy Ford dealer)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.