Time to say goodbye!!!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 91 Old 12-03-2012, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Time to say goodbye!!!!!

Well as much as I hate to say goodbye it is bittersweet.

I was talking to my wife and we were deciding whether to stick with the truck or sell it and get something new. Well I decided to get it fixed since I love the truck and would have loved to keep it for years to come, however that didnít quite work out.

I knew it had head gasket issues when I bought it but it wasnít causing any issues other than puking out the degas bottle and not much at that. I was planning on towing a 5er with it and would definitely have fixed it before then, but life happened and we moved and bought a house and never got the 5er.

So I finally took it into the shop to have everything done after the turbo vanes froze on me. They tore into it and found that the heads were cracked pretty bad in several areas and the turbo was iffy, along with the piston walls being scorned. So after a hefty bill to just have it put back together with new gaskets and it still had pressure in the cooling system (due to the cracked heads).........I decided to trade it in. I know I could have had it fixed for around $8,000 I would still be left with a 9yr old truck with 120k on it. After looking around and really wanting the diesel, I decided to go back with my tried and true Chevy half ton 4dr 4x4.

Luckily they are offering one heck of a deal after rebates and got a better equipped truck for less than 16k under what they wanted for a pretty basic diesel (ford or chevy). Plus I had GM points that gave me an extra 2k off for a credit card I had a long time ago.........Ford should think about doing something similar.

I will miss this truck; I am a GM guy, but would not bash the ford after owning this one, even after the issues. The reason is, I think the previous guy overheated the truck and I was left with the issues. I donít believe it was the trucks fault, just a lack of luck on my part. I will be looking to get back into a ford anytime in the future and I wish you guys the best of luck.

Farewell and enjoy the compression ignition brotherhood. I will be back

Last edited by Dlp250; 12-03-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 91 Old 12-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
a chevy truck really.... just kiding. just noticed your from spfld also. who did you take the truck to to get fixed
mike

05 ccsb king ranch. 4" turbo back,egr delete, studs, ccv, 58v ficm tuned by eric, little extra fuel pressure, livewire tuned by vivian, mtw stage 1, 175/75s, afe cold air. hid's,led's recon led lights 5% tint80% windshield tint, high idle mod,fog/bright mod, train horns, 4" lift on 20x10s on 35's
amsoil dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 91 Old 12-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

ford for diesel chevy for gas is my moto

2004.5 Mods: CTS, Lots Of Gauges, 7 inch Stack, ARP Studs, Tuned by Eric, SAP Diesel Full Fuel System, WEP Ported Intake Manifold, Mechman Alt, BPD 6 Phase Ficm, BPD Oil Cooler, BPD Oil Bypass, Warren 350cc conventionals, SAP Diesel/Warren Diesel Twin Pump Kit, SAP Diesel Triple Turbos and SAP Diesel Trans in Progress.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 91 Old 12-03-2012, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Took it to Morroy Brothers in Greenfield.....they were recomended.
post #5 of 91 Old 12-03-2012, 02:05 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Knowing the heads were bad, why would you even have it put back together that way thinking it'd be fine? Good luck with the Chevy.

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium AWD, Deep Impact Blue

Totaled 12-26-12 It will be missed.

2006 F-250SD Lariat CCSB Dark Stone
-ARP head studs
-SCT SF3 w/ SRL+
-BPD Semi-bullet proof kit
-BPD FICM
-High Idle
-Edge Insight CS w/ EGT
-GlowShift Fuel Pressure gauge
-285/70/17 Toyo Open-Country A/T
-4" MBRP Turbo-back w/ cat-delete
-Randy Ellis bar w/ Hella 500s
post #6 of 91 Old 12-03-2012, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Because I didn't want to dump money in something that I would still have issues with.
post #7 of 91 Old 12-03-2012, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

post #8 of 91 Old 12-03-2012, 02:27 PM
GET MY ENEMA BUCKET BRO!!

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
8k for a truck that will last 800k

coolant-filter-EGR delete-blue spring-ARP's-BPD oil cooler-5in exhaust-horn blasters shocker kit-SCT running SRL++-beans tank sump-BPD water pump-and 4x4 complete
DEUS VULT
post #9 of 91 Old 12-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Lesson learned, don't run with bad head gaskets and think everything will wait till you get good and ready to fix it. If it had bad head gaskets you should have fixed it immediately. Not to be insulting but I think you will be better served by staying with a gasser. They are much more forgiving of less than stellar maintenance.

Got questions about your 6.0?

Still runninng Ford Gold Coolant?

post #10 of 91 Old 12-03-2012, 02:51 PM

I hate to hear you went with a vehicle from Obama Motor Company, but that sounds like you had crappy luck with the 6.0. Maybe a good deal will come along in the future and get you back in a Ford diesel!

05 F250 FX4 Lariat, SCT Livewire, 155cc injectors, Gryphon FICM tuner, ARP studs, MTW Stage 2 Turbo, Riff Raff boots, Warren Built trans, PMF traction bars ,4 inch straight pipe, Sinister EGR delete, S&B CAI, N-fab bars, level kit, 5% limo tint, 35 Toyos and 20s, Recon smoked everything, Harley headlights, 5k HID's, Camlocker toolbox, lots more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode