Thoughts on Edge CTS insight monitor - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 07:24 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thoughts on Edge CTS insight monitor

I am looking at this monitor and would like some input. Also will I have any problem with it being compatible with my Bully dog triple dog until I can get my computer factory reflashed. Will I have any problems with this monitor when I get an SCT programmer down the road?
Edge Products| Product
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to bwmtnbiker
The edge CTS is great. I love mine. It will work perfectly fine with an SCT tuner. The cts connects through the odbII port and stays plugged in the whole time. To load a tune with an SCT, you unplug the edge, plug in the SCT, load the tune and then plug the edge back in. I know absolutely nothing about your current programmer but it has to be plugged into the odb port than no the two will not work together.

My RAZR made me send this...
Old 12-03-2012, 06:28 AM

why dont you just buy the SCT Livewire TS 5015? its a programmer and monitor all in one. order it from Xtreme Diesel performance, enter coupon code 'Diesel10', and you'll get it about $530 with free shipping. cheaper than a CTS and monitor, or a Edge Juice W/ Attitude CS, which is $800.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:50 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to bwmtnbiker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Int.Tech04 View Post
why dont you just buy the SCT Livewire TS 5015? its a programmer and monitor all in one. order it from Xtreme Diesel performance, enter coupon code 'Diesel10', and you'll get it about $530 with free shipping. cheaper than a CTS and monitor, or a Edge Juice W/ Attitude CS, which is $800.
This is always an option. I almost bought a livewire until I saw how big it was and I didn't want to have something that big mounted to the windshield.

My RAZR made me send this...
Old 12-03-2012, 06:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
we can match that price as well......

The TS is a good system if your going to go with a SCT anyways... but you will need to add the EGT probe to that price if you want to be able to monitor your EGT's....

-Raul
Old 12-03-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul@Stealth Automotive View Post
we can match that price as well......

The TS is a good system if your going to go with a SCT anyways... but you will need to add the EGT probe to that price if you want to be able to monitor your EGT's....

-Raul
thats good to hear. even with the EGT probe added, its still cheaper than the Edge Juice W/ attitude.

the TS really isnt that big. let me go take a picture of mine mounted with supplied suction cup and you'll get the idea. it really isnt intrusive or in the way, and dims at night.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Ok that makes more since. I didnt know it was a programmer too. That will save me a few $ down the road.

Is there anyway to confirm if I will have to have my truck reflashed after in uninstall my BD? Also if I have to have it reflashed can I just run the SCT as a monitor until I have the money for the reflash
Old 12-03-2012, 12:07 PM

this is how i have my TS set up. wire is tucked behind the weather stripping and runs under the dash. im not sure about the BD, but ive heard that once you return to stock, the BD basically locks your truck up to where you cant use any other programmer, and you have to have the truck reflashed with a stock tune by ford or someone with ford equipment. not sure how true this is, but thats what i heard from a local diesel shop here who HIGHLY recommended against Bullydog for a powerstroke.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

love my cts
Old 12-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Serving Our Country!

Love my CTS too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.