New to the forum - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 08:51 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up New to the forum

Hi Guys/Girls,

My name is Cody and I'm from North Augusta, SC. I have been searching around and stumbled across this forum. I currently do not own a 6.0 but I will soon be trading in my '06 King Ranch F150 4x4 in on one. I'm looking to sell my other toys ( 2010 waverunner and 2007 Suzuki GSXR 1000) and just trading my truck in on a 6.0 with decent mileage. I wanted to join the forum before hand to do a little research on what I should look at in order to make a good purchase. I am aware of the common downfalls of this engine but I am set that this is what I want. I look foward to making many friends and helping others as much as I can as well as retaining knowledge from you other forum members. Thought I should introduce myself as a start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Serving Our Country!

Old 12-02-2012, 11:56 AM

Thanks a lot! Is there any year I should particularly watch out for?
Old 12-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Most will say '05-07 (myself included) due to the upgraded suspension, interior, and exterior. You really can't go wrong with an '03 or '04 though.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:42 PM

The 05-07 are theoretically a better truck. The 05's had over 120 changes to the motor alone! Also the coil suspension, larger brakes, sharper turning radius, bigger axleshafts in front, updated dash, updated grill and headlights. That's just the things I know right off the top of my head. The 03 and early 04 models have a 10 blade turbo and whistle insanely loud when straight piped. And they have a different EGR cooler that is thought to be better, but those are the only two reasons I can think of to argue for 03-04 models.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Serving Our Country!

Your best bet is not "to look out for a particular year." Your best bet is do use this forum for information about these trucks. Get an idea of what to look for. Find a truck you like, figure out if it's right for you and purchase it. Any issues you have with it can most certainly be cured through the help of then many members of this forum here with the extreme knowledge and background these folks have. If you're looking at upgrading stuff to the truck, use this forum. There are things to watch out for and things that are a must. You can't go wrong with any 6.0, how you use it, maintain it, operate it will relate directly to how it works for you. Just don't buy a lemon.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadcoastie View Post
Your best bet is not "to look out for a particular year." Your best bet is do use this forum for information about these trucks. Get an idea of what to look for. Find a truck you like, figure out if it's right for you and purchase it. Any issues you have with it can most certainly be cured through the help of then many members of this forum here with the extreme knowledge and background these folks have. If you're looking at upgrading stuff to the truck, use this forum. There are things to watch out for and things that are a must. You can't go wrong with any 6.0, how you use it, maintain it, operate it will relate directly to how it works for you. Just don't buy a lemon.

I can respect that statement very much, i just wasnt sure if there was one bad apple in the group that i should avoid haha. I joined the forum to extend my knowledge on these trucks. i am not new to diesel but i am new to ford diesel. my work truck is a 08 Duramax which i love but it isnt a ford by any means. i am leaning toward staying in the 05-07 range and really want to find a HD or KR seeing as how hard it would be to not have these features since my 150 has them. i really appreciate your help guys and this seems like a very knowledgeable place.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:11 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Welcome. If you are serious about a 6.0, this is absolutely necessary....Write Up: Monitoring the 6.0L PSD.
Even a good idea if you are test driving for a purchase. Coolant filter would be next on the list for a new purchase. Good luck.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:17 AM

If I had to sell all My toys to buy a 6.0 I would stick with the F 150 and keep My fun stuff
Old 12-03-2012, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
If I had to sell all My toys to buy a 6.0 I would stick with the F 150 and keep My fun stuff
its not the fact that i have to sell them, but im running out of space and my girlfriend isnt too happy about not having the benz in the garage anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.