Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

gooseneck hide a hitch, which one?

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  twoicebergs 
#1 ·
i own a 2004 ford super duty extended cab with short box. Just bought a 24k triple axle gooseneck trailer with some buddies and no way to haul it, lol.

I already have the firestone air bags in the rear, yes I made sure when I ordered those they work with gooseneck and fifth wheels (firestone RR2550).

Both my buddies have the B&W gooseneck hide a hitch setup. I like this set up but just want to make sure there isn't something better out there.

thanks - PS if B&W is the way to go, where is a good place to pick one up at?

#3 ·
I have a B&W in my dually and love it. Just don't leave the turnover ball in the hitch. Moisture will create a tiny bit of surface rust which will seize the ball in there in no time.

#4 ·
10-4, B&W it is

I found them for 389, no tax, and free shipping on Got-Chrome.com

#5 ·
i have a B&W turnover ball and i love it.. only thing is the latch is ****ed up so i have to have someone hold it while i turn the ball over

#6 ·
I love my b&w. and the 5th wheel companion is awesome for towing.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#8 ·
B&W is nice but keep it clean in there or it'll get stuck real quick. I have one of the folding balls. I think Buyers brand, can't remember. I have like $80 into mine.

#9 ·
Got a draw tite in mine and love it. Got it from, got chrome also. B&W has more options, but I ended going with a anderson ultimate fifth wheel for my 5er and it is awsome. check it out for the options

#10 · (Edited)
I had a pop-up (spring-loaded) one on my old truck. It worked very well until the rust started. Every few years required some work to keep it working smoothly. On my new truck I went the other way with a rail and pin on top. 2 main reasons, it came with the bed rails already in it for the 5th wheel and the top side gooseneck is fairly simple to remove (no rust issues from below). I just keep the hitch with my trailer for lack of a place to store it. As far as the bed rails go, I always put 2x4s down when hauling a load in the back so I can get straps under and around the load to make it easier to remove it with tractor/loader and to secure it properly. Also, it is already to go if I need to use a 5th wheel hitch. Big loads go on the trailer so the truck stays pretty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.