6.0 left me stranded again - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 06:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 left me stranded again

I was coming back from North Carolina to Orlando down I75 and truck shut off while doing 65 mph. I was towing a 5th wheel also for the first time. Tow company charged me $300 to tow 5th wheel 3 miles and had AAA for truck. To make a long story short it cost me $1000 to get truck and 5th wheel back to Orlando and another $800 to fix truck. I do incredible maintenance to truck but this is 4th time it's left me stranded on side of interstate out of state. This time it was the IPR and a couple of other small things. Problem is i am still blowing coolant from degas cap. I just did ARP studs and Ford head gaskets 2 years ago (35000 miles ago) Ford will not work with me at all with this problem. Anybody have any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 07:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

If you do a lot of towing with your 5th I'd suggest dumping AAA and getting Coach-Net. They will tow both trailer and truck better than AAA.

Home Page - Coach-Net.com
Old 12-02-2012, 07:20 AM

or just upgrade your AAA to RV it gets truck and trailer to a destination of your choice within 100 miles up to three times a year
I have Myself and My Wife on it and it covers us in any vehicle We are in

about 120 bucks a year

EDIT I just looked its 222.00 a year for both of us or 165.00 for a single member ,, I have work pay for it

Last edited by ZMANN; 12-02-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
or just upgrade your AAA to RV it gets truck and trailer to a destination of your choice within 100 miles up to three times a year
I have Myself and My Wife on it and it covers us in any vehicle We are in

about 120 bucks a year

EDIT I just looked its 222.00 a year for both of us or 165.00 for a single member ,, I have work pay for it
Problem with the AAA RV coverage is that it's by zone. You may get coverage in your area of the country but in others your out of luck. Coach-Net is country wide and covers everything your drive.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshadow View Post
I was coming back from North Carolina to Orlando down I75 and truck shut off while doing 65 mph. I was towing a 5th wheel also for the first time. Tow company charged me $300 to tow 5th wheel 3 miles and had AAA for truck. To make a long story short it cost me $1000 to get truck and 5th wheel back to Orlando and another $800 to fix truck. I do incredible maintenance to truck but this is 4th time it's left me stranded on side of interstate out of state. This time it was the IPR and a couple of other small things. Problem is i am still blowing coolant from degas cap. I just did ARP studs and Ford head gaskets 2 years ago (35000 miles ago) Ford will not work with me at all with this problem. Anybody have any ideas?
When did this happen?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App
Old 12-02-2012, 02:28 PM

It happened last Sunday. The end of the Thanksgiving weekend. I put a gauge on the cooling system today and it pretty much stayed at 16 or 17 psi, while still puking coolant. I've tried to contact Ford and went through about 3 levels of departments with no luck. With the money that I've spent on this truck I feel I should get some type of assistance from Ford!!!
Old 12-02-2012, 02:31 PM

Have you changed the degas cap to the upgraded one.My truck pukes from around the cap until I switched caps
Old 12-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshadow View Post
It happened last Sunday. The end of the Thanksgiving weekend. I put a gauge on the cooling system today and it pretty much stayed at 16 or 17 psi, while still puking coolant. I've tried to contact Ford and went through about 3 levels of departments with no luck. With the money that I've spent on this truck I feel I should get some type of assistance from Ford!!!
I was on my way back from Georgia Monday night and past a 6.0 hooked to a camper on the side of 75 outside of Ocala. That was the 3rd 6.0 i had seen on my round trip on the side of the road. I hate that for you guys.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App
Old 12-02-2012, 02:42 PM

Yes new cap and degas bottle. Something that concerns me is that the mechanic at Ford said that the coolant filter could be causing back pressure in the system and making it puke
Old 12-02-2012, 02:44 PM

It was outside of Ocala but it was Sunday night about 3.0 miles north of 441 near Alachua FL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.