IPR Coolant Filter Installed... NO HEAT! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
IPR Coolant Filter Installed... NO HEAT!

So, I installed my IPR coolant filter kit today. It was very straight forward for the most part, but now I have no heat. I have read where guys have had the in/out hoses mixed up, but from what I can tell, I've got it plumbed right.

Currently, I have the plastic T installed on the passenger side next to the heater valve, and the hose that goes from the plastic T goes to the port marked "IN" on the filter housing. Then, I have the aluminum 90 degree T fitting on the driver side installed, and the hose that goes to it comes from the port marked "OUT" on the filter housing. Is this accurate, or do I have my hoses swapped. I've looked at the directions so many times I think I have them memorized. The way I see it I have it plumbed right. I would appreciate any help.

Is this just a matter of running the truck for a while and getting air out of the system? Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
They thought they had it plumbed right too...hehe. Air can cause problems.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Okay. I'll just keep opening the degas bottle cap every once in a while to burp it and see what happens. Hopefully somebody can confirm that I have it plumbed right so that I can rule that out.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Premium Member

You may have also managed to unplug the vacuum line going to the heater valve.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

yeah the vavum . i never had a problem but i didnt use the the plactic one i got brass
Old 12-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I got a PEX fitting too, but I refered to it as plastic because that's what comes in the kit. It looks like it's just air in the line because I went out tonight to look at the degas bottle after everything had a chance to cool down and the level had dropped way down. I topped it off and will try it again tomorrow. Vacuum line is hooked up. Thanks guys. I'll keep you posted.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:18 PM
Premium Member

Please report back if it was just air or another problem to add to this thread so other can benefit from it.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Okay, I haven't driven the truck yet today, but let me just say this. Take inventory of your tools after the job is done. I was putting away my things this morning, and my 3-pack of hose clamp pliers was down to two. Sure enough, I popped the hood and still had a hose clamped where the aluminum 90 degree T goes in. It was located after the T fitting right under the degas bottle. Not sure how much this effects the situation, but I imagine it could be quite a bit and would probably help get the air out of the system. Bottom line, don't be an idiot like me and make sure you get all your tools accounted for and unclamp all your hoses. Carry on.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Got it figured out. After removing the hose clamp pliers that I left on the line and driving the truck, I still had no heat. Checked the vacuum line again, and it was hooked up. That's when I noticed that the valve that the vacuum line connects too wasn't actuating. A wire or group of wires that is wrapped in the black plastic wire protection stuff (also known as loom) had managed to get behind the valve and hinder it from opening and closing. As soon as I moved that loom out of the way, I had heat. I never noticed it when I was check the vacuum line hookup the first few times.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:09 AM
Premium Member

Thanks for the update! Glad you got it.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.