Engine coolant out the exhaust - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 10:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Engine coolant out the exhaust

Hey guys new to the forums and also still a very proud owner of a 2007 f250 with only 70k on it bought it with 41k but now i got coolant coming out of the exhaust.... erg was removed and tested fine i think it may be my head gaskets i on taking out the engine this weekend... but the money question is while i have the engine out of the truck what should be all the upgrades i should do to my truck i save up a lot of money to buy this truck and plan on keeping it even tho ive been getting a lot bashing from my friends and family....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
First of all their is no need to pull the engine or lift the cab. It is far easier to just keep the cab on and the engine in. It's really not that bad of a job. Mods you will want to do include:

1. PROPERLY machined heads
2. FORD head gaskets
3. ARP head studs
4. EGR Delete
5. STC Fitting
6. IPR Valve
7. Dummy Plugs
8. Stand Pipes
9. Updated FPR (blue spring)
10. Updated Oil Feed Line and Drain Tube
11. Coolant Filter
12. Flush cooling system and fill with a CAT EC-1 ELC

Their are multiple other things that can be done and I might be forgetting a few things but hopefully some more guys will chime in. If you have any questions about any if these mods or would like any further explanation ask away or feel free to PM me.

-Mike.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 11-30-2012, 11:09 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If you have coolant coming from the exhaust and you have already deleted the egr and cooler than it probably is your head gaskets. You should have also seen other signs like the degass bottle puking and white smoke. Be prepared to have cracked heads coolant in the combustion chamber creates extremely high pressures and can cause cracked heads.

Here is a link to a sticky that has a lot of good info and part #s

Write Up: Bullet-Proofing the 6.0L PSD.

While your into your motor you might as well replace all the updated oem parts also. It will keep you from opening up the motor again.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hey snafu we have the same color truck .. Thanks for your advise an other question comes to mind with all these parts I will order is there a preffered brand that I should order from or a really good site I could all at oneces from ...
Old 12-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Premium Member

OEM parts are the best for these truck, check out sunrise ford or autofair ford they are site sponsors and have 20% to 40% discount on parts. You can find them in the vendor section.

Is your truck charcoal beige also, mine looks brown in that picture but it usually looks more of a gray.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

hey guys so i got the engine pull out on Sunday it was not that bad only that i broke the y pipe blots to get the off...sorry but my truck is brown they just looked the same in your pic ... but anyways now that i have the engine out i really would like to do every thing mazsecond said also looks like i will have to do my oil pan gasket.. but i've have look at kits from sinister diesel any one know if this is a good brand???
Old 12-03-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck guy View Post
hey guys so i got the engine pull out on Sunday it was not that bad only that i broke the y pipe blots to get the off...sorry but my truck is brown they just looked the same in your pic ... but anyways now that i have the engine out i really would like to do every thing mazsecond said also looks like i will have to do my oil pan gasket.. but i've have look at kits from sinister diesel any one know if this is a good brand???
DO NOT BUY "BULLETPROOFING KITS"!!!!

They are a waste of money and you are better off buying all your OEM/Updated parts from Tousley Ford:

Tousley Ford Parts Depot

You best bet is going to be to contact Odessa Cylinder Head in Clearwater, FL. They will hook you up with a good set of PROPERLY machined FLAT heads for your truck at a great price and with a warrantee. This is one of the most important aspects of the entire bulletproofing job! A lot of guys go cheap on getting their heads machined and they end up paying for it in the end by doing another head job, not fun! Spend the little extra money now and get a good set of heads for your truck and you'l be good to go

Make sure you buy the OEM head gaskets. DO NOT BUY THE BLACK OYNX GASKETS. OEM ONLY!! For 2003 - Jan 2006 trucks ensure you have gaskets for 18mm dowels. For trucks after Jan 2006 use gaskets for 20mm dowels.

ARP head studs can be bought pretty much anywhere online.

As for the STC Fitting, stand pipes, dummy plugs, FPR upgrade, turbo oil feed line and drain tube, and icp sensor/ipr valve (if necessary). This should all be purchased from Tousley Ford. You cannot beat their prices!!!

As for the EGR delete I highly recommend the IPR Gen 2 Kit. It isn't much more expensive than other kits and is so much better! It uses one solid piece of aluminum to delete the EGR instead of using a tube with a rubber piece and hose clamps which are prone to leaking. The link I am posting below is for the Gen 2 kit with a New Ford oil cooler and all gaskets you will need.

IPR GEN2 EGR Delete Kit with Up Pipe, Ford OEM Oil Cooler & Gaskets for all 2005-2007 Ford Powerstroke 6.0 will fit F250, F350, F450

After everything is all put back together fill it up with synthetic oil, flush with distilled water and fill with CAT EC-1 Rated ELC and you should be good to go. This would be a good time to think about an exhaust. The best kit for you money is going to be the Diamond Eye kit. You can pick up a 4" Aluminsed Steel Turbo Back straight pipe kit on eBay for less than $400 and the fit and finish is excellent and it will really help your engine breath, lower EGTs and the sound is just incredible!

As always if you have any questions, ASK AWAY!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Premium Member

That IPR Gen 2 EGR delete is VERY nice, but a little on the too expensive side.

Sent from Term3's iPhone
Old 12-03-2012, 10:53 PM

I see people suggesting all these updated parts... wouldn't an 07 already have many of these parts? I know my 06' already has the solid turbo oil drain tube that was suggested earlier.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordtrucktexan View Post
I see people suggesting all these updated parts... wouldn't an 07 already have many of these parts? I know my 06' already has the solid turbo oil drain tube that was suggested earlier.
It really depends on what build date the truck is. I owned a 06 build in 05 and it didn't have any of the updated parts. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Ford build any trucks with the updated stand pipes, dummy plugs, or STC fitting. Maybe the oil feed line and drain tube from factory on an 07 but as far as the other stuff I think it was all released after they stopped offering the 6.0s in the SD. Maybe someone else can chime in and let us know for sure but either way if the parts are already there no need to replace them.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.