Help/Advise! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-28-2012, 10:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help/Advise!

Hey guys new to the forum,

I just bought a 05' powerstroke XLT from a dealer a couple weeks ago with 94,000 mi on it and the block has ARP headstuds already. I bought it for $25,000. I feel like I kind of jumped the gun on buying my truck so fast, and plan on selling it soon. So far I have a 4" straight pipe on it with 6" tip, EGR delete, SCT tuner, coolant refiltration kit, and guages. SO, I want to see how much do you think I should list the truck for if I end up selling it? I know I will lose a couple grand, but I just want an idea, please help! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 11-29-2012, 06:24 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moyock, North Carolina
Posts: 1,313
Thanks: 10
Thanked 50 Times in 40 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
So much of that can depend on locality, and can vary a couple thousand or more across the country. If you bought it from a dealer, and sell it you'll loose money almost as a given. Sometimes a private sale can be turned around and break even, or even make money, but aomost never when purchased from a dealer, they are making money on the deal. If you just bought the truck really recently, perhaps your state offers a 'cooling off' period, in which say in a week or so you can change your mind and tske it back, but sounds like its too late for that. EBay and craigslist can help you reach more buyers, and if you can find the buyer thats after exactly what you have you could possibly hold onto your asking price a little better if you found a buyer that was in love with your truck. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 11-29-2012, 06:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: ludlow MA
Posts: 924
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mustangman02232 Send a message via Yahoo to mustangman02232
What kind of cab/bed? Personally I would keep it now because that's probably 10 grand or so high
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 11-29-2012, 07:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Groveport, Ohio
Posts: 577
Thanks: 9
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yeah man sorry, but you weren't even in the ballpark unless its a Harley and in prestine shape and even then, not close.

I would have sold you mine for like 18K and that's lifted, 2 sets wheels/tires, and everything you mentioned with 132K on it. It has the same stuff done minus studs and Coolant filter, so for the difference you could have added all of that, and kept some $$ for Christmas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 11-29-2012, 10:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead2012 View Post
So much of that can depend on locality, and can vary a couple thousand or more across the country. If you bought it from a dealer, and sell it you'll loose money almost as a given. Sometimes a private sale can be turned around and break even, or even make money, but aomost never when purchased from a dealer, they are making money on the deal. If you just bought the truck really recently, perhaps your state offers a 'cooling off' period, in which say in a week or so you can change your mind and tske it back, but sounds like its too late for that. EBay and craigslist can help you reach more buyers, and if you can find the buyer thats after exactly what you have you could possibly hold onto your asking price a little better if you found a buyer that was in love with your truck. Good luck.
Thanks for your help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 11-29-2012, 10:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman02232 View Post
What kind of cab/bed? Personally I would keep it now because that's probably 10 grand or so high
It's a crewcab short bed. Yeah if I don't get any offers ill just keep it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 11-29-2012, 10:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcat6183 View Post
Yeah man sorry, but you weren't even in the ballpark unless its a Harley and in prestine shape and even then, not close.

I would have sold you mine for like 18K and that's lifted, 2 sets wheels/tires, and everything you mentioned with 132K on it. It has the same stuff done minus studs and Coolant filter, so for the difference you could have added all of that, and kept some $$ for Christmas.
Yeah, it's in great shape but you're right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 11-29-2012, 10:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lorain OH
Posts: 545
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I paid $23k for my 07' CC,DRW 4x4 with a 3/36 factory warranty.....and I thought I overpaid a little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors