i did it - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 07:51 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i did it

i just finshed my egr delete and oil cooler rebuild , there were some tought times and a lot of screaming at the truck but its back together and working great . i want to thank everyone here on the org as i would have never had the courage to do if it wernt for all the helpful people on here . i will upload some pics later . also the screen under the oil cooler was torn . . i love working on my 6.0l
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 08:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Congrats man. I felt like a Billy Badass when I did mine and it cranked up! I remember thinking, "well that wasn't to hard." Although my knuckles were bloody and I drank more than I ever have in my life! Can't what tell I do my studs in the near future!
Old 11-26-2012, 08:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Good job I am planning to try and do mine this summer so I would love to have pics and step by step instructions I don't know if I can do it or not but I have done a lot to mine thanks to the people here and I belive I will try and tackle this task so I may have to asked you a lot of questions lol
Old 11-26-2012, 09:20 AM

I need to do mine as well. But dont have a shop to do it in. So kinda debating to have it hired done or do it in my drive way. How long did it take you to do yours turbotibbo?
Old 11-26-2012, 11:10 AM
Premium Member

it took me two 9 hr days to do it . there were lots of tips i learned on here that made my life easy . having a pillow and a stand to stand on was great . i was lucky to have a shop to do it in with air tools . its not as bad as i thought it would be ., for everyone debating it just go do it its not too hard . the hardst part for me was the up pipe dam its hard to get to . i took the lining out of the wheel well . i want to cut my oil cooler open and see how cloged it was . my delta was 13 - 15 so mabey its not too bad . if any one has questions about this task just let me no its fresh in the mind .
Old 11-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Premium Member

I was lucky enough to have a shop with some nice Snap-On tools and a Topside creeper and it still took me Two full days!! definetly a good feeling when its done. The topside creeper was definetly a plus.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:38 AM
Premium Member

the weird thing is i had two bolts left over . makes me wonder ? o well it seems to be running great
Old 11-26-2012, 12:11 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotibbo View Post
the weird thing is i had two bolts left over . makes me wonder ? o well it seems to be running great
Weight shedding.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:25 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
LOL!!!!!!!

I also had two bolts missing when I did that job....
Then when I tore it apart recently I noticed that my uppipe to exhaust manifold (the egr delete pipe) connection was missing those two flange bolts

nice little exhaust leak I had for half a year

And now since I did the HG repair/studs, WHO KNOWS how many bolts I got left... I lost count

J/K
Old 11-26-2012, 01:05 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Those bolts maybe hold the egr cooler on the intake? Now that its deleted, no need for those bolts. I ended up with 2 bolts too when i did mine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.