Which remote oil cooler? - Page 61 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 07:00 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post

Ken realized there were a lot of opportunities with the IPR kit. Short version of the story is that it doesn't even maintain OEM specs. If he posted his findings, it would completely discredit the IPR kit. But it would let Vince know what areas needed to be addressed. Why would BPD give that info to IPR freely? The initial findings were as far as BPD went and about the extent of the information that will be given to the general public.
I understand he wouldn't give IPR free R&D, I was just hoping he would give a more comprehensive analysis. Good or bad everyone would like the results.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 07:08 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Is this the right stuff????

Old 01-01-2013, 07:09 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 01-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
Is this the right stuff????

That's cheating, if you don't mix it yourself it doesn't count. Lol
Old 01-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
Hey buddy you have every right to state your opinion here just as anyone else does. I hope that you nor anyone else thinks that I have been belittling anyone who owns a IPR kit if so I don't mean for it to sound that way and I apologize for such statements. I simply want the answers from Vince about his kit. The fact that he has negated to answer a SINGLE question about pressure drop or flow data is what scares me the most. In fact the ONLY thing Vince would comment on was the flow path of the oil and where the EOT sensor is located. Other than that zip, zilch, nada, nothing.

As far as oil filters I understand your viewpoint and have spoke with Ken about this same situation. I will let him explain that to you guys as I don't remember what all was said and I don't want to misquote anyone in this. I just want FACTUAL data out there for EVERYONE to be able to reference so that they can make an informed decision about which if any kit will be purchased by them and installed on their truck. Back on the filter topic though did you happen to see the filter that Vince's kit uses is a Hydraulic filter and WIX the manufacturer of the filter stated that based on flow requirements of the 6.0l Powerstroke engine alone he in no way could recommend that filter selection for these engines. Also on that same token Vince said that the filter was chosen for his kit based on WIX's recommendations. Somewhere somethings just aren't lining up with what Vince says or claims. That is my point.

why dosent someone hammer him on not sayin what was said when they chatted???Along the same lines as tuscany i dont want to miss quote something....Not sure what is so hard to understand about that....course im not pro bpd like you leftwing guys are so yep its understandable to have a one sided thread.....all i can say is in due time all will be answered by the people that designed the product...and the sad thing is vince said you were a hell of a guy to chat with tuscany...had nothin bad to say about ya...wish i could say the same after this whole thread is done...and whether ya mean or not you guys are talkin down to everyone that is running the kit by vince...lol ya say your not but look in your past post. not once have i said that bpd makes a bad product, but there are other choices out there and to say ken would test and respond about the kit without a biase opinion is just crazy....thats like me testin a companies printed shirt from down the street and sayin its perfect best print that i've seen in a long time...i'd like to do work for ya but hey my stuff not as good as quality as theres...lol right.....
Old 01-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john767 View Post
Hang on, Redbluff, Ken should be on shortly with some name calling and maybe even telling you not to buy any of his products like he did me. I wonder how many of these guys running his kit actually paid for them. These strong feelings are a little suspicious for me.
Just to clarify something friend, I spent $2,500 on BPD's remote oil cooler kit and bypass kit which was overnighted to me. The only free item I got was a clutch harness protector and t-shirt but thanks for your concern about handouts from BPD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoogie View Post
why dosent someone hammer him on not sayin what was said when they chatted???Along the same lines as tuscany i dont want to miss quote something....Not sure what is so hard to understand about that....course im not pro bpd like you leftwing guys are so yep its understandable to have a one sided thread.....all i can say is in due time all will be answered by the people that designed the product...and the sad thing is vince said you were a hell of a guy to chat with tuscany...had nothin bad to say about ya...wish i could say the same after this whole thread is done...and whether ya mean or not you guys are talkin down to everyone that is running the kit by vince...lol ya say your not but look in your past post. not once have i said that bpd makes a bad product, but there are other choices out there and to say ken would test and respond about the kit without a biase opinion is just crazy....thats like me testin a companies printed shirt from down the street and sayin its perfect best print that i've seen in a long time...i'd like to do work for ya but hey my stuff not as good as quality as theres...lol right.....
I just want to say that one, I have the BPD remote oil cooler on my truck and the IPR coolant filter. I'm going to tell you that you chastising Bryan for his rants about BPD is no more biased than you standing up for IPR based on your signature mods. The fact of the matter is BPD's information is published and was added as a link in this thread from powerstrokenation where they got blasted on their product. The queried Vince about his product and he hasn't provided the answers nor has he shipped the kit they paid for. They posted the finding they got from the kit they acquired from another member. The fact of the matter is this and this has absolutely no bias, you just have to understand the system;

1. This thread has proven the filter provided in the kit isn't sufficient for the 6.0. If you don't believe me, you can call Wix yourself. Maybe I'll do it for my own well being.

2. The IPR kit uses coolant from a bypass system. The heater core and the hose attached to the heater core is a bypass coolant system. That is factual and in no way biased. You oil cooler is receiving coolant that has been filtered before entering the cooler....in a bypass configuration. Do you wanna refute that??

I purchased the BPD for two reasons;

1. I wanted the OEM cooler gone. I didn't care where it was located, I didn't want to deal with it...ever!!

I wanted spin on filters along with a bypass filter and got it in the kit.

I'm not going to sit here and say the IPR kit is jacked. That's not my place to say as I don't have it nor have I ever run the kit. However, I do know this about the kit because IPR published the pics in this very thread and the fact that the cooler receives coolant from a bypass circuit is a concern I have. It's a legitimate concern. You don't have to agree and I respect that.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Premium Member

At this point I am trying to wade through all the crap in this thread and figure out if the IPR kit is all that Vince says it is.

The way I understand the oil filter is that it become a bypass type filter similar to BPD's filter. When flow becomes to high it is bypassed. Correct me if I am wrong.

I agree with Shack that the coolant should not come from the heater circuit, it is heated coolant and will not cool the oil as intended. That is why I have the coolant manifold it gets coolant strait from the water pump.

If in fact the IPR kit proves to be a product that can cause catastrophic failure, mark my words, it will be removed from my truck and shipped back to IPR.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:34 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu! View Post
At this point I am trying to wade through all the crap in this thread and figure out if the IPR kit is all that Vince says it is.

The way I understand the oil filter is that it become a bypass type filter similar to BPD's filter. When flow becomes to high it is bypassed. Correct me if I am wrong.

I agree with Shack that the coolant should not come from the heater circuit, it is heated coolant and will not cool the oil as intended. That is why I have the coolant manifold it gets coolant strait from the water pump.

If in fact the IPR kit proves to be a product that can cause catastrophic failure, mark my words, it will be removed from my truck and shipped back to IPR.
BPD also has a full flow regular filter as well so they have two filters. One is a 32 micron full flow and then a 10 micron bypass.

IPR makes some great stuff ie; coolant manifold, coolant filter and that 2nd gen EGR delete is impressive...i'm just not as confident in the oil cooler as I am those other products.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFab67 View Post
There are 2 main types of lubrication oil filters. Those that are full flow and those that have bypass systems built in. The filter we use is a bypass type of filter. What that means is if a pressure differential between the inlet and the outlet exceeds the 13-19psi, the filter bypass opens up and allows oil to go around the oil filter element. Very helpful for cold climates when the oil doesn't want to go through the filter elements.
This is where I got that BPD filter is a bypass type filter. And it looks like the IPR kit is right in the specs for the bypass pressure @ 16.75. I will also look at getting an amsoil bypass filter to bring the micron raing down.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoogie View Post
It's simple, at that point Ken was and is still in this thread making posts and could explain it, had someone asked. Vince on the other hand went as silent as a comatose church mouse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.