Which remote oil cooler? - Page 30 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is it just me? Or does that say 38 microns?
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFab67 View Post
Filter specs. Had to cross it to a Donaldson
Funny you should mention the Donaldson, because I did the same thing. The images you posted are hard to see, but they look like the same ones I looked at, and don't show flow rates, working pressures, etc.....

Or did I miss them?
Old 12-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
Funny you should mention the Donaldson, because I did the same thing. The images you posted are hard to see, but they look like the same ones I looked at, and don't show flow rates, working pressures, etc.....

Or did I miss them?
No you didn't miss them. They are not there.

Here is a view of the filter elements. Care to guess which one is OE and which one is Wix?
Old 12-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
What are you talking about? Seriously, come on man. Explain to me how your statement is true when BPD had to prove the same thing with their kit before their patent was finalized. I agree with Mike, if he has to WAIT until his patent is finalized than he SHOULDN'T be selling his kit if he can't PROVE that it will maintain OEM specifications of the oil system in these engines. Let me ask you this, if/when your engine takes a chit from lack of proper oil pressure or oil flow with this kit (being numbers were never published on his research and development of his kit) will Vince pay to have your truck fixed? Probably not, maybe but I doubt it. Have you ever heard of Trusted Performance? Not saying this is the case *cough* but it could be a similar situation.
You need to worry a little less about my motor and as for the what I'm talking about, if you can't read my statements and determine where I'm going with it all then no further explanation on my end will assist in your understanding. I trust Vince has me handled; means nothing to you but frankly, I don't care. You seem out to crucify someone for a product that you've never run. Ken, I get it, Snake, I get it; their questions are valid and coming from a standpoint that makes sense. I don't get why there are a bunch of members on here forcefully asking questions that will have no bearing on their personal trucks given you're running bulletproof. It's a great kit, enjoy it; the questions are out and so is the jury.

Quote:
I'd like to thank you for the well thought out reply, and for keeping things civil.
My pleasure.

Quote:
He provided a model #, but no specs. And they're not readily available. I'm still waiting on a reply from NAPA and WIX regarding flow rates. I did learn that this particular filter has no anti-drainback capability. How does that affect your engine when you start it with no oil in the filter housing?

This is the kind of stuff I want Vince to answer.
Agreed, I'd like to see the specs as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFab67 View Post
Is it just me? Or does that say 38 microns?
Hard to distinguish but i hope not. At least I'm running bypass filtration if that is the case!
Old 12-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm guessing with the hammering Vince has taken over the high oil temps caused by his POS High Flow Oil Cooler it might be in his favor to build in a fudge factor with this kit.

Get out your bypass oil filters guys.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
I'm guessing with the hammering Vince has taken over the high oil temps caused by his POS High Flow Oil Cooler it might be in his favor to build in a fudge factor with this kit.

Get out your bypass oil filters guys.
Got mine!
Old 12-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
OCVeloMan the reason that everyone is asking these questions whether or not we would ever run an IPR oil cooler is because the question was asked which kit. Well in order to base that on something other than emotion which seems to be what you are going on you need some hard facts.

Vince does not want to give those up for reasons that are now becoming obvious. It is hard to take on faith that his oil cooler works when he still markets the High Flow Oil Cooler which clearly doesn't. He seem totally unconcerned by the high oil temps seen when using that oil heater. How then should I take his word that this kit works, especially give the placement of the temp sensor. Now we has some info on the filter he is using and it's even less impressive.

His comparisons on his web site do not have to say BPD. There is no doubt who he is referring to in his statements, and much of it is sales smoke and mirrors or outright misinformation. How does this lend itself to the feeling that "yeah, I trust what this guy is telling me"?

I hope you make out ok in the long run since you are running on blind faith. Me, I'm not getting it. What's the saying? You can lead the horse to water but you can't make it drink.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCVeloMan View Post
You seem out to crucify someone for a product that you've never run. Ken, I get it, Snake, I get it; their questions are valid and coming from a standpoint that makes sense. I don't get why there are a bunch of members on here forcefully asking questions that will have no bearing on their personal trucks given you're running bulletproof. It's a great kit, enjoy it; the questions are out and so is the jury.
This isn't about about Vince or sales. This is about you and any other hapless person that buys his stuff. You have been misled. THAT is what I am trying to point out.

It's not a simple thing to understand. In fact, the system being so complex, makes it easy for someone like Vince to fool even you. What chance do the people who don't understand have?

I don't know if Vince has done this out of ignorance or malice. Bottom line is that it isn't right. I was even thinking about approaching Vince about selling his kit, right up until I saw the oil temp sensor was moved. Then I knew something was wrong. I figured someone else would figure it out soon enough, but everyone just kept drinking the cool-aid.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Oc, how are you going to say that my questions aren't valid but Ken's and Mike's questions and concerns are? I'm the one who ASKED THESE QUESTIONS FIRST, they are the ones saying they want to know these answers too and yet your putting me on blast but agreeing with them? Condradictory much? I think so. Yes I have a BPD oil cooler kit and I believe 1000% that it will work and NOT do ANY harm to my engine.

As for crucifying Vince that is not what I am trying to do at all. I want the answers to the questions I asked. That is all. None of the questions I asked are out of line nor are they implying that I want to know all of the inner workings of his kit. For the record I did consider his kit and I did speak with him on the phone about it and you want to know what he told me when I stated my oil cooler was plugged and I was getting deltas of over 17*? He stated that "his company recommends not to change the oil cooler at a 17* delta and that even though FORD recommends changing it if they are 15* or higher that it will NOT HURT MY ENGINE OR MAKE A DIFFERENCE IF MY OIL TEMPS ARE 25+ degrees hotter than my coolant." He also stated "that since it is clogging that there is no rush to change it now as it has essentially become a FULL FLOW COOLANT FILTER that will catch most of the remaining junk in the coolant and I should allow it to do so for a while before swapping as there are no negative effects of running it with oil temps at 230* or so".

So ocvelloman I ask this to you, do you believe that Vince and in all of his infinite wisdom is promoting safe and healthy habits for our 6.0l engines? Sadly with the statements he provided when I asked him about these things simply is what led me away from him and his kit and ultimately led me to BPD as I KNOW they know that the information Vince provided me was WRONG. Also I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I am NOT the only person he has made these statements to.

Last edited by Tuscany; 12-05-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:01 PM

I have been following this thread from the beginning and have stayed silent. It is obvious which side that I fall on. Having said that, wix 51242 is a hydraulic filter with a 25 micron rating. No flow rates available at wixfilters.com.

I am more than pleased with every purchase that I have made from BPD. Installed their altenator this morning and now measure 14.3v at an idle. Thank you and I wish everyone a good evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.