Which remote oil cooler? - Page 22 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikdslo View Post
Which I won't jump on, but it sounds like there is a "possibility" that BPD is also working on or has worked on an Oil to Air cooler, or has done the research/homework/data crunching/technical (fill in the blank) to add in said cooler.
I'm sure you're trying to help defend the IPR cooler, but when you make statements like this I'm equally confident everyone even slightly tied to IPR is having a face palm moment. It's better to remain silent and have people think you're a fool that to make posts like this and remove all doubt.

What type of heat exchanger does Bulletproof Diesel currently use? I'll give you a hint. It rhymes with "air to liquid".

Last edited by Snake; 12-01-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
^ LMAO
Old 12-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
I'm sure you're trying to help defend the IPR cooler, but when you make statements like this I'm equally confident everyone even slightly tied to IPR is having a face palm moment. It's better to remain silent and have people think you're a fool that to make posts like this and remove all doubt.

What type of heat exchanger does Bulletproof Diesel currently use? I'll give you a hint. It rhymes with "air to liquid".
Hair to liquid???

I'll have more to say when I'm not on my phone. Have a good weekend!

Sent from my Vortex using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 12-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Premium Member

I think maybe one thing y'all havnt considered is the ipr kit still has patents pending......he can't just go on a public forum explaining exactly how everything works.

Last edited by portcity_gt; 12-01-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Banned

We aren't asking for detailed drawings. Just proven flow and pressure specs along with filtering capability and comparison between EOT sensor location readings. All of those can be released to the public patent pending or not.

None of the questions I asked in the above post would require him to publish detailed drawings or a insiders look to the kit. All of the questions I asked should all be able to be answered without any problems at all as EVERY ONE OF THE QUESTIONS ASKED should have been parameters monitored and studied while the kit was in development. Therefore he should have WAY MORE DATA than he knows what to do with and shouldn't be SO reluctant to release said information. As I said before this isn't the first time myself or anyone else has asked these questions to Vince for him to answer and clear the air about his product. BUT some might say that him not every publishing ANY information might lead to A LOT of people thinking there was a MAJOR lack of research in the development of this kit. (Not saying Vince didn't do his research, simply stating that his reluctance to publish said information could lead others to believe he never researched anything and just buoy the lot and slapped it in a truck and let us be his PAYING beta testers.)

Last edited by Tuscany; 12-01-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:23 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would to like add to this thread.

I haven't added weights to what I pulled because I didn't now, so I took the time tonight and added up the weights. Here it goes,I was a little surprised.

My truck weighs in at 7640, big tex goose neck weights in at 7500, case 580 extend-a-hoe weights in at 15000 + or - 200lbs. That puts me at 30140lbs.

The trailers GVW alone puts me into class A weight restriction. I pull this 500 miles to Fairbanks and back several times a year, there are many steep grades. ECT and EOT have never been a problem while pulling this heavy of a load, I have to back out on EGTs, I back out of the throttle at 1700*. I run Matt's 8k tow tune I know it's to hot of tune but my family has a saying "if it cand stand it it cannot stay".

I chose a system that has worked for me and didn't feel like spending $2400 for a system that could possible work, or could have left me defueled in the middle of a grade.

To answer some of your questions Tuscany the oil bypass is retained in the oem filter housing, pressure drop is really not of concern there is only 6' of hose to and from the external oil cooler. If you really want, I can get fittings to attach on both sides of the oil lines and read the pressure drop, but again this is irrelevant. What is the pressure drop of the oem oil cooler??

BPD had to provide this because their system is completely different, they had to prove that their "hair to liquid" cooler could provide enough flow to keep up to the demanding addition 20+ foot of hose.

If you know the the oem oil path, then you would know that the oil bypass is in the factory housing. All Vince has done is replicated the oem oil cooler and placed it outside of the valley.

You have been called out, why don't you now that the oem system is bypassed in the factory housing? I guess you need to study before you request for information that is readily available to you.

I missed a thread and was called foolish, you dont know your motor, so what does that you? Foolish?
Old 12-02-2012, 03:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu! View Post
I would to like add to this thread.

I haven't added weights to what I pulled because I didn't now, so I took the time tonight and added up the weights. Here it goes,I was a little surprised.

My truck weighs in at 7640, big tex goose neck weights in at 7500, case 580 extend-a-hoe weights in at 15000 + or - 200lbs. That puts me at 30140lbs.

The trailers GVW alone puts me into class A weight restriction. I pull this 500 miles to Fairbanks and back several times a year, there are many steep grades. ECT and EOT have never been a problem while pulling this heavy of a load, I have to back out on EGTs, I back out of the throttle at 1700*. I run Matt's 8k tow tune I know it's to hot of tune but my family has a saying "if it cand stand it it cannot stay".

Do you honestly expect ANYONE who knows anything about these engines to take you seriously that you know what your talking about when you make statements like these?

I chose a system that has worked for me and didn't feel like spending $2400 for a system that could possible work, or could have left me defueled in the middle of a grade.

JetJock has already posted that his hasn't ever caused him problems only cause for concern. He tows extremely heavy on a regular basis, THOUSANDS of miles to boot not 500 miles a few times a year.

To answer some of your questions Tuscany the oil bypass is retained in the oem filter housing, pressure drop is really not of concern there is only 6' of hose to and from the external oil cooler. If you really want, I can get fittings to attach on both sides of the oil lines and read the pressure drop, but again this is irrelevant. What is the pressure drop of the oem oil cooler??

There isn't a pressure drop in the OEM system . You get a pressure drop when you start altering the system to make the flow path LONGER than the OEM system or changing the original direction of the flow of oil (<--Which by the way Vince's kit does). You also get things such as flow restrictions when you start ADDING to the system that it wasn't originally designed for. It doesn't matter if it is 3 feet of hose or 1000 feet of hose these variables will ALWAYS have to be taken into consideration and accounted for when designing a kit like this.

BPD had to provide this because their system is completely different, they had to prove that their "hair to liquid" cooler could provide enough flow to keep up to the demanding addition 20+ foot of hose.

LMAO Your joking right??? This statement right here just proves how uneducated you really are when it comes to BPD's kit. That said, how can you even claim that you know what your talking about when you don't even have factual data?

If you know the the oem oil path, then you would know that the oil bypass is in the factory housing. All Vince has done is replicated the oem oil cooler and placed it outside of the valley.

Vince has already stated that the oil flow through the oil cooler housing is no longer the way it ran when it retained the OEM oil cooler under the housing, his kit changes the direction of the flow of oil through the housing so your statement is inaccurate.

You have been called out, why don't you now that the oem system is bypassed in the factory housing? I guess you need to study before you request for information that is readily available to you.

Please show me where Vince has posted ANY of the information that answers ALL of the questions I have asked above. PLEASE because I am not the first NOR will I be the LAST to ask these questions to Vince about his kit UNTIL he posts this information in a place where it is readily available to the public.

Also MAYBE you should PRACTICE WHAT YOUR PREACHING. Are you pickin up what I'm puttin down??

I missed a thread and was called foolish, you dont know your motor, so what does that you? Foolish?
Your right you called me out and were PROVEN wrong. Let me ask you this (I don't want ANYONE but SNAFU to answer this question) how much oil does the OEM oil system in our 6.0l engines flow at WOT and what pressures does the OEM oil system reach on both HIGH side and LOW side under WOT conditions? There are reasons I asked the questions that I did and if you can't understand why before you make the statements that you do than you sir make yourself look foolish. Also I never said you were a fool and neither did Mitch. He simply said that the statements you made in your one post make you look foolish. Again I think you may be living up to what he originally stated.

Last edited by Tuscany; 12-02-2012 at 03:32 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:35 AM

I have been waiting for months for pressure drop and flow numbers from Vince… we used to email back and forth about his kit and when I offered to install the kit on my truck and install sensors before ad after the cooler to get real data guess what happened he quit emailing me back
Old 12-02-2012, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2shuck View Post
I have been waiting for months for pressure drop and flow numbers from Vince… we used to email back and forth about his kit and when I offered to install the kit on my truck and install sensors before ad after the cooler to get real data guess what happened he quit emailing me back
I would have to guess its because his system doesn't stay within OEM specs. Going back to the whole "remain silent" thing, you also can't incriminate yourself if you keep your mouth shut.

Vince, you never did answer my question about the oil cooler. Are you using an OEM 6.4 oil cooler made by Motorcraft?

Last edited by Snake; 12-02-2012 at 06:27 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:49 AM

You read my mind snake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.