To buy or not to buy ? 2006 6.uh oh - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 08:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
To buy or not to buy ? 2006 6.uh oh

Hey guys, I have a lead on a maroon 06 f250 lariat crew cab short box automatic 6.0. 180,000 miles, newer 285/70/17 fierce attitudes. Has had head studs, gaskets, oil cooler replaced and EGR cooler REPLACED. Its in the above average to good condition, with a few blemishes to the interior and exterior. Asking price is 12,000. Its for sale but not on the open market, he is selling because he has 3 other ford diesel pickups to drive. I couldnt find anything close enough to compare the price with is why I ask your opinion if its a good deal or not. Oh, its got a straight pipe and an edge tuner I believe. Only concerns I have are the 180,000 miles. I was kinda wanting something with lower miles, but I know the honest history of this pickup. I do not like that the EGR was not deleted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 08:26 AM
Emergency Services

How long has it been since it was studded, EGR replaced, oil cooler and such? If its been a while for the oil cooler without a coolant filter you might run into problems with it clogging up down the road. Also were the heads sent out to be machined when the HGs were done? If not, you can't be certain that it was totally even when the gaskets went on and they might not seal.
This is a much better price than I paid for my 6.0 with 170,000 and no bullet proofing done whatsoever. If you can find out the answer to those things you definitely have a winner!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 11-23-2012, 10:38 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Be sure you check the ECT/EOT delta and FICMv while your at it, these would be a deal breaker.

Things to consider about owning a 6.0L

Write Up: Monitoring the 6.0L PSD.

http://m.ford-trucks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=969253

Can't help you if the price is good, depends of geographic location. Prices vary in different locations.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 11-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yeah thanks. I believe it is being monitored with an edge. I just heard of the pickup today and havnt had a chance to speak with the guy yet he has been busy also. Not sure exactly how long its been. I think it was either late this spring or early summer. I dont know the details on the deal but I do know his bill was $6500 ! It also got new stock injectors while it was being studded. Well I am up in the ND oil patch so everything is inflated, rough economy.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well I got the 6.0 pics to follow in a couple weeks. I have to be in Wichita and Vegas this coming week.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

my two cents worth you got a killer deal, I just bought mine mid summer for 17,000 with an egr delete, new oil cooler studed heads, diabolo tunner...did all the research from this site so i knew what i was getting into...course the tunner didnt monitor anything so i took his word for it...whoops after six months on the new cooler it was already showing signs of being plugged. deltas were right at 15 doing the test that i learned through this site once i had a cts...that was a sock in the nuts to say the least...so when i found that out i proceeded to do all the mods in my sign. took out the egr delete that he had done when i did the ipr cooler reloc. kit...so all in all i'm right at 19000 for my 06 with 150000 on it......but hindsite is 20/20 if i could have it all over again...i wouldnt change a thing....i spent the money on the ipr kits with the understanding that i'd never git rid of the mistress that i now call er..lol...so congrats on the steal ya got....Hoogie
Old 11-26-2012, 07:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yup, I agree it was a good deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.