how many hours - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-20-2012, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
GET MY ENEMA BUCKET BRO!!

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
how many hours

Have a guy going to do my egr delete. He was a Ford tech and knows what he's doing. Wondering how many hours for labor to expect.

I don't have cash for gasket and studs but my delta are at 11. Should I get a new oil cooler or rebuild mine while in.

Also I'm spurred to do this because I'm losing about 3/4" of coolant every 400miles. I'm not spewing coolant, I have to get tires soon and I'm trying fix/patch motor.

coolant-filter-EGR delete-blue spring-ARP's-BPD oil cooler-5in exhaust-horn blasters shocker kit-SCT running SRL++-beans tank sump-BPD water pump-and 4x4 complete
DEUS VULT
post #2 of 7 Old 11-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
replace the cooler. WIth that much coolant loss I bet your head gaskets as shot. The 6.0 is not an engine you want ti fix/patch unless you want it to break down all the time. That is why it has such a bad rep. Glas to see your having a certified tech do it though.

2004.5 Mods: CTS, Lots Of Gauges, 7 inch Stack, ARP Studs, Tuned by Eric, SAP Diesel Full Fuel System, WEP Ported Intake Manifold, Mechman Alt, BPD 6 Phase Ficm, BPD Oil Cooler, BPD Oil Bypass, Warren 350cc conventionals, SAP Diesel/Warren Diesel Twin Pump Kit, SAP Diesel Triple Turbos and SAP Diesel Trans in Progress.

www.sapdiesel.com

post #3 of 7 Old 11-20-2012, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

I night be stupid. I checked it about 90 miles from home and it looked low but I got home and turned truck off and immediatly checked. It was where I had marked this morning. But then rewind. When I intentionally drove down and arrived after like 650miles I noticed the next day I was low about 3/4 to an 1" low. Topped it off, drove probably 60 miles in town. Truck sat a day and drove home. And it hasn't moved. Is the 6.0geist playing w me or what.

coolant-filter-EGR delete-blue spring-ARP's-BPD oil cooler-5in exhaust-horn blasters shocker kit-SCT running SRL++-beans tank sump-BPD water pump-and 4x4 complete
DEUS VULT
post #4 of 7 Old 11-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksun View Post
I night be stupid. I checked it about 90 miles from home and it looked low but I got home and turned truck off and immediatly checked. It was where I had marked this morning. But then rewind. When I intentionally drove down and arrived after like 650miles I noticed the next day I was low about 3/4 to an 1" low. Topped it off, drove probably 60 miles in town. Truck sat a day and drove home. And it hasn't moved. Is the 6.0geist playing w me or what.
It will drop when it gets up to temp from pressure, it will rise, if your cap/degass bottle leaks, egr leaks, head gasket leaks, hoses leak, air is working out of the system, or you intentionally loosen the cap. Have you recently drained the system?

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

Unfortunately had to Sell my ......2004 KR CC SWB FX4 - Edge insight cts, blue spring upgrade, updated HFCM drain plug, XDP coolant filter, CAT EC-1 rated coolant, Custom Diesel EGR delete, CAT delete, Rotella T6

SEE MY OIL COOLER REPLACEMENT AND EGR DELETE - http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/gen...tml?highlight=
post #5 of 7 Old 11-20-2012, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Like almost a month ago. Maybe it dropped from air in the system?

DEUS VULT
post #6 of 7 Old 11-20-2012, 04:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksun View Post
Like almost a month ago. Maybe it dropped from air in the system?
Yes, it is likely or possible. Does your system hold pressure, meaning can you go back two days after running it and open the cap and it hisses?

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

Unfortunately had to Sell my ......2004 KR CC SWB FX4 - Edge insight cts, blue spring upgrade, updated HFCM drain plug, XDP coolant filter, CAT EC-1 rated coolant, Custom Diesel EGR delete, CAT delete, Rotella T6

SEE MY OIL COOLER REPLACEMENT AND EGR DELETE - http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/gen...tml?highlight=
post #7 of 7 Old 11-20-2012, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Mmm I don't know about a few days. I'll see what happens tomorrow morning.

DEUS VULT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode