05 Fummins? - Page 5 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 09:27 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Lol yeah June 6, 2012 is when he started his thread on this and it's now November 20, 2012 and it's still not done. That's almost 6 months and he is using a "professional shop" that has done "many" of these cummins swaps yet almost 6 months later it's still not finished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 12:57 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So I'm back to bullet proofing my 6.0. Too much bs in doing a cummins swap. This is the list of what I'm going to do.

Oem head gasket
Oem Dummy plugs
Blue spring upgrade
Bpd oil cooler
Arp head studs
EGR delete (brand?)
And 175cc rebuilt injectors

Anything I'm missing or should add?
Old 11-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

FYI, diesel mechanic in Columbus, OH is now offering full APR studs, OEM gaskets, and FULL bulletproof INCLUDING new parts, 3,500 or maybe 3,000 I forget.

As in FULL bulletproofing, done in a week. I don't see the logic in dropping 7k vs that.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:40 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Bean View Post
So I'm back to bullet proofing my 6.0. Too much bs in doing a cummins swap. This is the list of what I'm going to do.

Oem head gasket
Oem Dummy plugs
Blue spring upgrade
Bpd oil cooler
Arp head studs
EGR delete (brand?) Any Brand is fine.. The best though is IPR brand.
And 175cc rebuilt injectors Get them from Renegade Or Warren

Anything I'm missing or should add?

Standpipes (they come with OEM head gaskets)
Tell the supplier of HG to throw away the oem bolts.. It will save you shipping costs cuz you wont use them anyways.
Exhaust Manifold Gaskets
Intake Manifold gaskets
Updated turbo feed and drain tubes
check your FICM if it's healthy

I will add as I think of it... There are dealers signed up on this forum that have Great prices on OEM parts... Try to get every oem part from them to save yourself from local Dealers.

Tousley Ford is also a great option for OEM parts
Old 11-28-2012, 08:23 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That "guy"'that did the cummins swap went as far as buying brand spanking new heads from ford. Did a full bulletproof kit, oil cooler delete, and it still **** on him. I actually bought his bottom end. But I have decided to do a 6.0 delete as well. 12 valves are super simple, dirt cheap to work on, and are everywhere. I have had three 6.0s and everyone has been a headache. Who wants that crap. The cost of bullet proofing can buy a lot of go fast parts for that 12 valve. Oh yeah, I don't have to worry about tht pos spool valve in my injectors.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:27 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
If your gonna spout off like you know something then be educated. He bought new heads yes, BUT he didn't have them machines before installing them. EVERYONE who knows ANYTHING about these engine will tell you that even brand new heads from ford are NOT FLAT from the casting plant. Ford simply casts them and ships them they don't have the surface checked out before they are sold.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:32 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
If your gonna spout off like you know something then be educated. He bought new heads yes, BUT he didn't have them machines before installing them. EVERYONE who knows ANYTHING about these engine will tell you that even brand new heads from ford are NOT FLAT from the casting plant. Ford simply casts them and ships them they don't have the surface checked out before they are sold.

I couldn't agree more! I'm not trying to be a dick but it was his own fault that his heads went again. I will argue all day long that a PROPERLY, and i will repeat PROPERLY bulletproofed 6.0 will cost WAY less and be far more reliable than dropping a cummins in a F-Series.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:50 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Old 11-29-2012, 02:01 AM

i'm new to the 6.0 and i had dreams of swapping a 6.7 cummins (with the G56 trans) into my excursion. i knew it would never happen because it's not practical. i have had all Rams before buying this ex and i was always happy with my cummins. the 6.7 IS an animal, however, i don't have deep pockets. i'm not entirely happy with the issues that i have with my 6.0 now but after xmas starts the process of tending to them and hopefully bulletproofing it. its only got 112K on it so its life just has begun. now if i had a blown up 6.0.....
Old 11-29-2012, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapecc View Post
That "guy"'that did the cummins swap went as far as buying brand spanking new heads from ford. Did a full bulletproof kit, oil cooler delete, and it still **** on him. I actually bought his bottom end. But I have decided to do a 6.0 delete as well. 12 valves are super simple, dirt cheap to work on, and are everywhere. I have had three 6.0s and everyone has been a headache. Who wants that crap. The cost of bullet proofing can buy a lot of go fast parts for that 12 valve. Oh yeah, I don't have to worry about tht pos spool valve in my injectors.
What if...I bulletproof my six leaker, don't check the heads, block, vital parts, and add an 150+hp tune???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.