Codes 0300, 0303 & 0307 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Codes 0300, 0303 & 0307

I posted this in the Engine Problems section, didn't get a lot of traffic so I thought I'd post it here. I was driving home the other day, 15* OAT and noticed I had no power to pull a hill, it just got flat when I put my foot in it. No check engine or wrench light. Hooked up my SCT and pulled the 3 codes in the title. I was running the canned performance tune, also still have the Dino 15w40 in her (Syn 5w40 should be here next week!). I made an appointment at the dealer for later this week to get it checked out but wanted some insight. Oh I do have the SG II and my FICM volts were good (KOEO, Cranking and Running). I have since reloaded the factory tune and haven't driven it until today but we'd gotten 15" snow and the roads were solid ice so no putting the foot into it. Any and all replies are appreciated!! TIA Coach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Pretty sure those are cylinder misfire codes and there could be several different reasons for them, none of which i am qualified enough to help you with.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:23 AM

sounds like injectors to me, but I always reccomend to check the ficm voltage and have the batteries load tested first
Old 11-13-2012, 06:53 PM

Thanks for the responses, FICM volts were good, and batteries are two week old Motorcrafts. I'm thinking injectors as well, I cleared the codes with my sct and they haven't come back yet but I still have a definate lack of power.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:23 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
have you noticed anything with the way it runs? does it feel like it's misfiring?

I'll say for sure misfire codes are not at all common in a 6.0. I've admittedly only seen it once and not to worry you it was during a time of castrophic engine failure(it doesn't sound like this is the case). The cylinder would really have to be completely dead to register a misfire. Contribution related codes are the norm when there is an injector concern.

Please, let us know what the dealer finds out.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:25 PM

I drove it today on dry roads (finally), the codes have not come back but there is a definite lack of power on the top end, it's like you are up against a wall and it just won't go any faster (this was at 70 mph trying to pass, foot to floor). It does seem like a get a surge every now and then. I'm taking it in tomorrow. Thanks for all the replies! Coach
Old 11-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
anything yet?
Old 11-16-2012, 06:02 PM

Nope, I don't think they got to it today. I barely made it to the shop though, it's 45 mins away, top speed of about 50, bucking and jerking bad, then it would smooth out and do it again but no codes?? The wife was with me, she definitely didn't like it, gave me the ok to start looking, they have an 08 Lariat I may work on getting into. I drove one last year, same year but KR and it did well, fuel mileage was about the same 14ish (highway). Just don't know what I want to do.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:56 PM

did you try ohming the injectors at all pin 1, 2 and 3, 4 toghther all should be .8 if I remember right. found one on abuddy truck no code thrown at all. We replaced it and good to go.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:53 PM

nope I didn't know I could do that. I'll have to remember that for the future. Hopefully they'll get it figured out on Monday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.