LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 11-11-2012, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
07 F350 XL Dually

Looking at buying a 07 F350 XL Dually with 150,000 miles. It has been a fleet vehicle and I have a bunch of service records on it. What should I be concerned with in the beginning if i buy it? I've read about egr valves and head gaskets but is all this really necessary?

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 Old 11-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Emergency Services
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
you really dont have to do anything to do...just be very meticulous about the maintance of the truck...those are things that can go wrong if not taken care of. What do you know about the history of the truck...keep researching and you get alot of answers...07 are usually ok..earlier years had issues like 04 05

2006 F250 Crew Cab Long Bed 6.0 TurboDiesel FX4

Diesel Site Coolant Filter, Edge Insight CTS, BPD FICM 48v, Metal CAC Tube, Blue Spring,Sinister Diesel EGR Delete w/ Up Pipe, Riff Raff Boots, MBRP 6212-409 Exhaust, BFG AT's,
Bilstein 5100's with Leveling Kit, ISSPRO EV2 Gauges (Pryo , Fuel Pressure)

post #3 of 4 Old 11-12-2012, 04:27 AM
Premium Member
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
"Meticulous" is the key word. And use the recommended fluids and filters although you may want to research the coolant. My dad bought a new '04 KR that he drove until he traded it in on a '12 a few months back. He never had a problem and the truck never exceeded a single service interval by even a mile.

post #4 of 4 Old 11-12-2012, 04:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I wouldn't buy a used 6.0L without having a way to watch the oil and coolant temps and from that, determining the health of the oil cooler (coolant flow passages plugged or not). I would also want to know how the FICM was performing with its convesrion of 12V to 48V. Lastly, I would put a pressure gauge on the degas bottle.

06 F250CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets; Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter; High-Idle;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax trans case;Fumoto valves;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower270AXP;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's; BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;BilletWaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL;ELC Ultra
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode