make my 2nd 6.0L last... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post make my 2nd 6.0L last...

ROk so had an 06 f350 and the oil cooler and egr destroyed the engine... only 69k now got an 04 49k miles heres the deal in sept 2011 had new egr,oil, turbo installled in oct got new turbo and bulletproof egr i got the coolant filter not installed yet and ford coolan
My question: shold i run the coolant filter before i do a flush? He last time i did flush and elc conversion it killed my oil cooler i cant afford another so how do i safely flush my system without kiling my oil cooler?

1 run coolant filter like 3 filter changes then do flush with draining block an radiator?

2. Flush then instl filter?

3 pray my oil cooler run and just use fordcoolant with filter?

Sorry broke 24 yr old wanna save my financed truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
If it ain't broke don't fix it. That said get a monitor in the truck and monitor engine vitals e.g; EOT, ECT, ICP v, FICM v, Batt v, Trans Temp, IPR %, VGT% and EGR % to start. If you see a spread of 15* or more between ECT and EOT then you are going to need a new oil cooler in the near future. If it's under a 15* spread than let it go with the regular ford gold coolant and coolant filter. When it does clog then flush and replace the oil cooler and continue to filter the coolant. If you need a monitor let me know I can get you taken care of.

Bryan @ Stealth Automotive
Old 11-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Serving Our Country!

I dont have the $$ to do another oil cooler is why i ask also is it the sans casting or the silicates from the coolant or both that clogs the oil cooler? I have bulletproof egr also whats a cheap monitor? The edge cs or i dont havr alot of free casj becuase my budget but i can spend like 200 for monitor or save for edge cs? Ps what branch you in? 4 yrs so for Air Force so far
Old 11-08-2012, 10:59 AM
War is the answer!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Our truck arnt really for low budget's. If your deltas are 15* or more you need to change it becouse you risk oil cooler rupture. Then your really up sh1ts creek. Its not too bad if you can do all the work yourself.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Last edited by WarChild; 11-08-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:40 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Army. If you are on a budget for a monitor than look into scangauge II it's readily available at autozone and work great for a budget monitor under $200.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Bulletproof Diesel also sells the ScanGuage II for a great price, and they already have all the PID's entered (PID's are the codes you have to enter into the ScanGauge in order to tell the ScanGauge what to monitor).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.