Griff's build thread - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Griff's build thread

Well i'm starting this thread basically to show how far i have come on the truck and how costly it is to build one in case anyone else tries what i have lol. Opinions are welcome and i won't backlash at you if you don't like something i did or would have done something different, everyone is entitled to there own opinions. I would like ideas as to where to go anyway.
sorry for the long thread but its nice to get ideas and thoughts from others

Little History on the truck it was a 2003 show truck previously featured in 8 lug and a few others but when i bought it, it was on its last leg and needed an update. original plans were to fix the paint job and redo the interior and build the motor a little bit but that plan quickly went out the door and extreme modifications came along. Have pics of everything and will show them all

First thing to go was the 12 inch lift and 41's as i work out of the truck hauling and towing tires. I instead went with an 8" lift and dropped down to 35's. ran a few sets of wheels but the original paint job kinda grew away from me. so next up was painting it, i went with white with blue pearl and shaved off the badges and emblems, updated the front end to 05-07 painted to match and threw a billet grill in it. graphics have not been done yet as the motor and interior came next

interior is a bit extreme but i redid the dash, smoothed and painted house of kolor blue along with kick panels, column post and center console. seats are white leather with blue suede and the door panels are fiberglass covered in blue suede. each door panel houses 1 6", 1 5.25" and one kicker tweeter.

The motor was original and had 84,000 on it when i bought it. i just recently (yesterday lol) tore it down at 94,000 to rebuild and replce some things. its getting studs, oem gaskets, bpd oil cooler kit, egr delete, sct sf3 with vivians tune to go alomg with the cts monitor, blue springs upgrade, warren diesel 175cc/stock nozzles injectors (thanks to great advice from the org members) and a powermax turbo.

I'll post pics in the morning and will get a price list going also. any thoughts or questions please feel free to ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 05:01 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If you didn't already buy a Powermax, then check out the turbos from Mad Turbo Werks.

http://www.madturbowerks.com/

If you need real world data, check out the 6.0 aftermarket section, you'll find all kinds of info.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App
Old 11-07-2012, 05:40 AM
GET MY ENEMA BUCKET BRO!!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wish obama would bail out my truck =\
Old 11-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksun View Post
wish obama would bail out my truck =\
Yea I wish I some of that money so I didn't have to pay out of pocket lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.