tranny and motor probs at the same time - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2007, 07:13 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
tranny and motor probs at the same time

Hey everyone, great site. So heres my issue I just bought an 03 6.0 about 2 months ago and it has been in the shop for a total of about 3 1/2 weeks already. 1st my tranny started having a delayed engagement, so I took it to the ford place. They said they didn't see anything wrong with it (no codes I guess) but that my rear main seal was leaking on my engine (68,000 mi.) so they replaced it under warranty. Well my tranny gained a 3rd to 5th slip and chatter in reverse. I took it back and they said my direct clutch pack was going out but to keep driving it cause it may compensate and get better (which didn't happen). The tranny got to the rebuild point and I took it back once again because the check engine and tow haul lights were on. Ford place called and told me that I had blown head gaskets, bad egr cooler and egr valve and a bad oil cooler. That took 2 weeks to fix and I also had him install ARP head studs. Now my truck is in the transmission shop getting upgraded and I want to know if i'm getting screwed. I'm not sure of brands but i'm getting heavy duty tourque converter, clutches (I think kevlar), valve body shift kit and an external transmission cooler and after labor its gonna be just a tic over $3,000 with a 2/24 warranty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2007, 08:16 PM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
Sounds like you are having a rough time. I will bump this for you. I am sure someone will come along and help you out. BTW Welcome to the site!
Old 10-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to BOILERTURF2387
I dont know about price, but it sounds like you are going to have a solid truck when its all said and done...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.