FICM shot? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 08:21 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FICM shot?

Ok, Iím afraid my FICM is shot,
05 Excursion 6.0. bought it in May and had new batteries installed then.
Running a CTS and the FICM voltage is 47-48 prior to start and then when idling drops down to the low 30's and gradually works it's way back up to the 47-48 range when warm.
From what Iíve read, im guessing the FICM is shot soÖ.

How long can i run like this before it damages the injectors or something else?
Where is the best place to get it fixed? I think I would like to get it repaired and have an FICM tune installed. Iíve read the FICMrepair.com mentioned here, is that the way to go.
Also, sometimes my monitor doesnít turn on until I start the engine. I have to unplug it to see the FICM voltage prior to start. Whatís up with that?
Thanks for the help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'd agree that your FICM is shot, and you're damaging injectors any time the voltage is lower than 47v. There are too many variables to say for sure how long your current injectors will last if things don't change, or how much their life span has already been shortened. Bottom line is don't delay making a decision and replacing the FICM.

You have a few options for a new / repaired FICM. I, and many others, feel the best available is from Bulletproof Diesel. Their 6 phase FICM gives you the option of running 48v, 53v, or 58v. The heat sink is upgraded to dissipate heat more effectively. They use military grade hardware. And there are redundant circuits built in to keep the FICM operating in specs in the unlikely event of a hardware failure.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:28 AM
7.3 4 Ever! Nothing else!

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
We have an OEM FICM in stock, let me know what you descide!!
Old 11-01-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powercat View Post
Ok, Iím afraid my FICM is shot,
05 Excursion 6.0. bought it in May and had new batteries installed then.
Running a CTS and the FICM voltage is 47-48 prior to start and then when idling drops down to the low 30's and gradually works it's way back up to the 47-48 range when warm.
From what Iíve read, im guessing the FICM is shot soÖ.

How long can i run like this before it damages the injectors or something else?
Where is the best place to get it fixed? I think I would like to get it repaired and have an FICM tune installed. Iíve read the FICMrepair.com mentioned here, is that the way to go.
Also, sometimes my monitor doesnít turn on until I start the engine. I have to unplug it to see the FICM voltage prior to start. Whatís up with that?
Thanks for the help
Don't take the chance, just take care of it now. I had mine repaired by FICMrepair and was really happy with the service and the fast turn-around. I got the eco-tune on mine and it made a big difference as far as throttle response. I can't speak to mileage as I don't drive the truck every day and have not had a chance to record that yet.

I would also look into the upgraded repair for a little extra peace of mind. When I pulled out my FICM, it had a manufacturer date of 2008 and my truck is an 03 so even brand new they do not seem to last long.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:10 AM

thanks for the advice, what do you mean by upgraded repair?
Old 11-01-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powercat View Post
thanks for the advice, what do you mean by upgraded repair?
They offer 3 repair options, the highest level comes with a 2 year warranty. I called and spoke with them before sending mine off. They are very knowledgeable and willing to talk with you to make sure your ficm is the problem. Lots of FAQ on the website too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.