Fastest 6.0 top speed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 05:27 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Fastest 6.0 top speed

So, first, I'm.not trying to get everyone to go out and total their truck trying to keep up with others posts in this thread, or for that matter, wind up in jail on a wreckless charge: disclaimer.

But, after loading the looney tune just recently, this thing pulls very easily to 100. Definitely way more top end than my banks setup had. Now with looney, and 175/30 injectors I keep running out of road, or approaching traffic too quickly to keep going much past 100, but its got plenty left at 105 mph, god knows these trucks are geared to go way faster before they hit their mechanical limit (6th gear, 4000rpm). Got me wondering, what's the fastest speed anyone has driven one of these?

My Speedo only goes to 110, so itd have to be monitored through the livewire ts, or insight whatever you're running. And, these trucks were set at like 110 or so from the factory, and its a lot of weight to be moving that fast, brakes and steering and suspension obviously were not meant to handle 100 mph, let alone 150mph lol, disclaimer #2.

Be safe,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 06:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
They actually are not bad at 110 as long as they are not lifted or leveled.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:14 AM
Premium Member

Does that mean I will have to buy some Z rated tires to find out? Without gearing it or larger tires, the maximum at engine red-line, assuming 4100 rpm, you might make it to 135 mph.

I don't even want to think of the amount the ticket would be...

Last edited by twoicebergs; 11-01-2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: can't multiply
Old 11-01-2012, 06:21 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjeeper View Post
They actually are not bad at 110 as long as they are not lifted or leveled.
I guess that depends on your roads where you're at...our roads SUCK, its sketchy in some places doing 75 with traffic around you. Very bumpy, potholes, expansion joints...horrible. there's only a few roads that I'd trust doing tripple digit speed, those that dont have huge ditches on either side, with a huge road crown on old country roads, and not the interstates around here, too crappy. That leaves highways, but they're populated, and have redlights, traffic, and cops. Things I never used ti think about before having kids, LOL.

'mommy, whres daddy?'....'oh he's in jail sweetheart' lol. Not a conversation I ever want to take place, lol.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:45 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Someone I might know pegged the speedo on my truck recently (after my build) and there was a person on a 6.4 behind him that was going 120 before they let out... My truck kept getting speed but don't know how much..

I would say 130+.. But what do I know... That guy driving my truck is crazy
Old 11-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six0~Stroker View Post
Someone I might know pegged the speedo on my truck recently (after my build) and there was a person on a 6.4 behind him that was going 120 before they let out... My truck kept getting speed but don't know how much..

I would say 130+.. But what do I know... That guy driving my truck is crazy
Hahaha, lol. The last wreckless ticket i got a few years ago in my mustang was actually kinda funny, I slid sideways throuh an intersection doing 40 mph around the corner, and got pulled. Stupidly, I tried to play it off like there was some sort of mechanical problem, "oh it must be something loose sir, I don't know what went wrong" lol, he said "yeah, i think its the loose nut behind the wheel, your lucky i don't take you to jail" lol.

Oddly, I got the ticket reduced to faulty equipment in court, lol.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:58 AM
War is the answer!

I have had my truck to 142...truck speed verified by radar and GPS.

And I wounded why I need headgaskets....lol
Sent from my SPH-L710
Old 11-01-2012, 07:01 AM
Premium Member

LOL.. I've had those excuses when I was younger... then I realized there is no point

I ran away from a cop once, he caught up to me, I pulled over acting like I was pulling over normally the first time, he got all my info, gave me a speeding too fast for conditions ticket, and as he started walking away said, "And next time, don't try to run away!
He even smiled when he said that lol

About the reductions, I got about 20+ tickets in my first few years... took them to court and all of them got reduced to expired Tabs tickets. That is awesome cuz it don't raise your ins premium.
Now, if you pull up my record you can see a BUNCH of exp tabs tickets... Like weekly
Someone that sees that will be like, "how stupid does one have to be to not just get new tabs
Old 11-01-2012, 07:02 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
I have had my truck to 142...truck speed verified by radar and GPS.

And I wounded why I need headgaskets....lol
Sent from my SPH-L710

I assume a police man's radar LOL
Old 11-01-2012, 08:44 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

fastest I have gone is only 110. Didnt want to melt anything since I dont have an egt gauge yet plus, doing that on 37s may have caused me to leave down a skid mark, and it wasnt on the road
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.