Question about potential truck I may buy... Carfax question. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Question about potential truck I may buy... Carfax question.

Whats up guys? Im looking at this 06 f250. It is high mileage wise for the year, at 158k. Price is around 18. Its at a dealer and its around 500 under book. Now I have a carfax on it and it shows three owners and the last owner had the transmission and injector(s) replaced. HEre is the excerpt from the carfax:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As you can see, it was replaced at 138k. Should I be worried about that? I would assume its good. Also, you can see a few excerpts with service being done. But it doesnt look like it was as frequent as it should have been, no? I guess what Im asking is, does it seem like a decent buy? Everything else looks good. But as with all 6.0s, the studs are my main concern.

Can anyone run an oasis on it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Banned

I would imagine its good to go. Go drive it and see what you think.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:26 PM

True, was there any issues with the trans that year? Is it good that it was replaced ort a sign of neglect or abuse? what about the injectors? I knwo they can **** the bed but is that another sign of bad service history etc? As in not doing opil changes when needed? What about the studs and EGR for that year? Is that mileage high for it too?
Old 10-19-2012, 04:39 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Take it to a mechanic who specializes in powerstrokes. I ran the carfax on one and it all looked good, took it to my dude and he told me to run away from it.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Banned

Really not trying to be a jerk here so please don't take it that way. Honestly you shouldn't buy a 6.0 if you aren't educated on the 6.0 and it's faults and problems. Now I know not every truck is the same or will have problems. But if you go in blind you will end up spending way more money on this truck than you would ever think. Don't rush into it cause it looks like a great deal. 6.0's can be bought for a dime a dozen these days so take some time and get to know the 6.0 and all of it's ins and outs and go make an informed purchase on a truck that you know and feel comfortable with the purchase.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Banned

One eyed where are you from?
Old 10-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Great advice Tuscany. I just recently bought one. Not having a monitor when I test drove it was a big no-no! Long story short when I got the truck home and put the gauges on it I saw my engine oil temps were up around 235. I knew right then I was gonna be putting some money in this truck. The oil cooler was clogged with a bad set Of head gaskets. I did what I thought was a good visual but without the gauges it's really hard to tell whats going on internally. I don't regret buying the truck I just wasn't ready to throw 3500 into it.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:17 PM
GET MY ENEMA BUCKET BRO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
Really not trying to be a jerk here so please don't take it that way. Honestly you shouldn't buy a 6.0 if you aren't educated on the 6.0 and it's faults and problems. Now I know not every truck is the same or will have problems. But if you go in blind you will end up spending way more money on this truck than you would ever think. Don't rush into it cause it looks like a great deal. 6.0's can be bought for a dime a dozen these days so take some time and get to know the 6.0 and all of it's ins and outs and go make an informed purchase on a truck that you know and feel comfortable with the purchase.
I met a guy on cl. Traded him my lightning for the 6.0. Test drove it that night and walked away.

Month later new injectors and a rear end. But he calls me next day from trade and says lightning is running like **** and sounds like a tractor. Needless to say I told him the turbo blew and was gushing oil.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Premium Member

Sounds like you both got screwed. Guess thats why its as is no warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksun View Post
I met a guy on cl. Traded him my lightning for the 6.0. Test drove it that night and walked away.

Month later new injectors and a rear end. But he calls me next day from trade and says lightning is running like **** and sounds like a tractor. Needless to say I told him the turbo blew and was gushing oil.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:35 PM
GET MY ENEMA BUCKET BRO!!

It was a mutual fing. I was pretty sure a valve was bad in it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.