Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

P0267/0269 codes and misdiagnosed injector

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  romad99 
#1 ·
Okay, so I wanted to pass on my recent experience in case someone else has these codes pop up. First I will state that my troubleshooting was solid up until the point that I failed to properly inspect the pins on my injector harness.

Quick version of this story is this;

Last week I accomplished my oil cooler replacement and when I put it back together the truck started popping P0267/0269 codes (cylinder #3 issues) and running like crap. My batteries were showing low voltage (10-11.5v) so I figured I needed new batteries and maybe had caused a FICM problem. Since I am moving (now) in three days I have no time for dragging this out so bought new batteries, a new OEM reman injector and sent my FICM to Ed at ficmrepair.com for upgrade and Atlas 40. I also installed new injector O-rings, dummy plugs and stand pipes while I was at it. Those all got installed earlier this week except the FICM.

Fast forward to today. I already installed everything but the FICM so I was pretty optimistic. At noon today I got my FICM back and buttoned up the truck. Once it turned over it still popped the same codes and still ran like total crap. I was fit to be tied, so I took it to the Ford dealer for their techs to look at it.

It turns out the culprit was a female pin on my injector harness got pushed into the connector and I never knew it.

Moral of the story: Make sure you thoroughly check your injector harness for chafing AND for pin damage.

I hope this helps prevent someone from spending time and money on an injector they don't need like I did.

Brandon

See less See more
Reactions: Patriot
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.