Archoil 6200 and math - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Archoil 6200 and math

I have decided to give the Archoil 9100 and 6200 a shot since hearing such great things about both. The package arrived today and for the 9100 it's straight forward and makes sense, but for the 6200 it seems like very little product to me.

The instructions say that 1oz treats 80 gallons of Diesel. Well, I have a shortbed truck which is supposed to hold 29 gallons, so time to do some math.

If 1oz treats 80 gallons, then (1/80)*29 = 0.3625oz treats 29 gallons, which is quite small and difficult to measure so let's get a smaller measure..... hey the wife won't mind, let me use her measuring spoons. An ounce = 2 tablespoons which is still going to be too big! So teaspoons.... 1oz = 6 teaspoons... Ok, now we're getting somewhere. Ugg.... more math... So I need 0.3625oz for a full tank of fuel, so that means that I need 0.3625 / (1/6) or 2.175 teaspoons, or roughly 2 1/4 teaspoons, because my wife's measuring spoons only have 1/8, 1/4 1/2 and 1 teaspoon (which is actually MORE than required)!

I am pretty sure that the math is correct, so is that right? Does it really take 2 1/4 teaspoons / full tank? Now usually I get about 20 gallons on a fill-up which is 1 1/2 teaspoons of 6200.... An 8oz bottle would last for 32-20 gallon fill-up's!

For those of you who are using the product, how are you measuring into your tank to be sure you don't overdose? Do you really see a difference with such little product, or do you need to use more?

Last edited by nylyon; 10-17-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Premium Member

well to be honest with you for the first two or three tanks I put 1/2 oz each time then have been using almost a 1/4 oz everyother fill up. If I remember reading somewhere that you really cant overdose it. I also have a short bed. I did notice better start ups tho. I also use the oil additive
Old 10-17-2012, 12:43 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nothing wrong with going a little extra. No need for the teaspoons!
Old 10-17-2012, 04:26 PM

Yeah, I always just use half an ounce....

I am also on their oil additive...worked for my stiction...
Old 10-17-2012, 05:44 PM

So I went with a full ounce. Oh.... great the measuring cup on the bottle is on ML.... ok.. back to math. So 1 oz is roughly 30ml, but there isn't a 30ml on the bottle. Maybe 1 oz then is just a full dispenser cup. So that's what I added. Took it for a drive to the store (had to pick up some new measuring spoons) all of about 10 miles. Seems to run smoother, it really does, but my butt doesn't notice any more power.

I have the 9100 sitting on the table, hopefully this weekend I'll throw that in the oil to see how the entire package works. What I can say, is that it feels better than DieselKleen.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Premium Member

It's not really a hp adder it's more for friction. Really only going to notice it during cold starts and for the stiction. Just makes the truck run a little smoother.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 10-18-2012, 03:23 AM

I think that the 9100 is the friction modifier, the 6200 is a fuel additive and according to the website:

Quote:
AR6200 increases the surface area of fuel droplets to increase the burn rate resulting in a more efficient use of fuel. AR6200 is engineered to lower the ignition point of fuel as much as 400 F therefore modifying the burn at a lower temperature utilizing more BTU’s and providing more energy during the combustion process. This also eliminates black smoke with a major reduction in carbon due to a much higher burn rate. A decrease in fuel usage is realized with added horsepower and torque. AR6200 is for use in all carbon based fuel types including heating oil and bunker fuel, 1 ounce treats 80 gallons of fuel.
Should see added HP and torque.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:10 PM

Well, took a longer trip, this time to Walmart to pickup 4 gallons of T6 and a filter, ok I got the Madagascar 3 movie with free multi-color afro wig too! Oil change will be on Saturday to and will drop in the 9100 to see how that works. Gonna watch the movie tomorrow!

So the truck ran soooo smooth and quiet. I asked my wife if it sounded any quieter, but she was in a zombie trance and still reeling about the measuring spoons. I still don't notice any more power, but it is very smooth and quiet. For how little you put in it sure does make a difference. Next fill-up I'll do the double dose, then the single dose. Going to give my little turbo car a double dose as well to see how it goes in that.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:17 PM
Premium Member

I ran a few tanks in the wife's car with the 6200. She didn't notice anything different, and we didn't notice any gains in fuel mileage.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:25 PM

My only hope is I think that my injectors (in the car) are gummed up since it doesn't get used too often. Maybe it will clean it up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.